Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsvets2326
    • Feb 2018

Can Anyone Get 17.2 Update, will reward

I have verus wireless and the last update was 17.2 I missed buying and would reward anyone that could find me an update. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

You'll have to contact snapon.Even if it wasn't illegal,no one elses update will work in your scan tool.

Comment

• jsvets2326
      • Feb 2018

I did I have my dealer looking but he said you just have to find one that a dealer has laying around still.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by jsvets2326
        I did I have my dealer looking but he said you just have to find one that a dealer has laying around still.
        While it was possible to purchase the update software separate, most dealers do it through Scan Bay right on the truck.

Wait for your dealer to see if Snap On will allow the purchase of 17.2 software for your device.

They can likely install it on a flash drive and send it out to your dealer.

Comment

• Tech10
          • Mar 2008

Not sure if you will find 17.2 since updates are currently at 17.4 but if I were you I would wait a couple of months till 18.2 is released and update it to the latest. No need to pay for it all at once you can get a sub and pay for it weekly, no brainer.

Comment

• crackerclicker
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Tech10
            Not sure if you will find 17.2 since updates are currently at 17.4 but if I were you I would wait a couple of months till 18.2 is released and update it to the latest. No need to pay for it all at once you can get a sub and pay for it weekly, no brainer.
            Potentially a good option for some, but the OP has tooling that is no longer supported with updates past 17.2 version.

Comment

• Turbo1dr
              • May 2017

Originally posted by crackerclicker
              Potentially a good option for some, but the OP has tooling that is no longer supported with updates past 17.2 version.
              I call BS with Snap On's decision with not including 17.4 for the older scan tools. Just like any other company, they *make* you have to buy upgraded hardware because their sales are down on newer hardware. The older tools *can* run it but they don't you to know that. Hell, my old VERUS EEMS325 is running Windows 10 right now but Snap-On don't want you to know that either.
              VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• jimbo4822
                • Mar 2014

well I just upgraded to a verus edge from a verdict, which is still supported for now. As a computer hobbyist i can see the reason to stop support for older platforms. The snap on software in the verdict and edge are the same and due to the hardware there is a massive difference is how they work. The hardware will just bog down the scan tool to the point of being almost unable to work, then the CS team would be flooded with service calls, eating resources that would otherwise be used for other problems.

Even regular software has minimum hardware requirements and if you dont have the minimum hardware then you basically dont get support.

And i do understand they are in the business of selling the hardware too.

Comment

• Tech10
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by crackerclicker
                  Yes it seems you are correct the VERUS Wireless is no longer supported with updates and I failed to read the OP's post carefully/correctly. On their website it does instruct you to call them for the latest update. I do not know if the OP has done that.

Comment

• crackerclicker
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Turbo1dr
                    I call BS with Snap On's decision with not including 17.4 for the older scan tools.
                    I respect your opinion, but it isn't germane to the OP's situation.

Originally posted by Tech10
                    Yes it seems you are correct the VERUS Wireless is no longer supported with updates and I failed to read the OP's post carefully/correctly. On their website it does instruct you to call them for the latest update. I do not know if the OP has done that.
                    Unfortunately for the OP is that his phone call will likely result in an attempted phone sale to upgrade hardware. Good luck to him in finding a dealer that can help.

Comment

• Dtnel
                      • Feb 2017

I know it says call snap on for latest but possibly his dealer could assist in this process and if he truly wants 17.2 the dealer could get it and scan bay it for him from headquarters and then he could pay for it weekly.

Was on the technology truck 2 days ago and with all the latest I'm sure there's something that could fit his budget. Starting with the solus edge you can get the suretrack. They've kept the flagship Verus ? I think it is that the oscilloscope but if he wants that function and can do without windows the modis edge is the way to go. I upgraded from the solus edge 11 1/2 months ago after having it for 8 months and then along came the Zeus without warning and after long thought and back and forth and alot of mulling I was on the fence then I got a call from my franchisee the other day and he asked me to come check out the technology truck with the Zeus. Once I got on the truck and test drove the Zeus I was sold by the end. With trade, 3 years of updates/support , taxes, ec rebate, trade value and all I was able to get it for less than $180 per mo spread over 5yrs. Yes I feel like I just got married again and I'm married but I can pay ahead early if I want which I'll certainly do on the better months. Got a single digit finance rate and that wasn't so bad either. I know swag don't cost the dealer much but he's throwing in a bunch of it and a few (tools) freebies that he's been holding that I haven't picked up as I've been busy and not been able to meet up with him for about 3 months. I'd ordered some tools bank then.

The tool isn't cheap but I looked at the big picture, time savings with the new features , the fact they've worked 4yrs getting it built, it runs on windows 7 enterprise version with a ssd hard drive and has ports, docking station (separate purchase) and with all the benefits I pulled the trigger. My dealer isn't hurting for sales either he just moves alot of stuff.

Comment

• sbreland73
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Dtnel
                        The tool isn't cheap but I looked at the big picture, time savings with the new features , the fact they've worked 4yrs getting it built, it runs on windows 7 enterprise version with a ssd hard drive and has ports, docking station (separate purchase) and with all the benefits I pulled the trigger.
                        I believe you mean Embedded Standard version. In any case, enjoy your new tool, and may it help you make some good money!
                        S. Breland

Comment

• GypsyR
                          • Jul 2017

It took them four years to design a new outer case and DLC fob for a Verus Edge?

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dtnel
                            I know it says call snap on for latest but possibly his dealer could assist in this process and if he truly wants 17.2 the dealer could get it and scan bay it for him from headquarters and then he could pay for it weekly.
                            Scan bay can not be downgraded once the new software release is installed. The software only goes forward.

The dealer can only purchase the license to install that software release to a customers scan tool. The customers scan tool must be present at the time of the purchase in order to lock in the purchase of the software to that tool.

Comment

• Dtnel
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
                              Scan bay can not be downgraded once the new software release is installed. The software only goes forward.

The dealer can only purchase the license to install that software release to a customers scan tool. The customers scan tool must be present at the time of the purchase in order to lock in the purchase of the software to that tool.
                              You are 100% correct as well. I misunderstood their system and when talking with my dealer and the tech truck driver they clarified it for me. Now the reason they won't go past 17.2 on that is because of the hardware and bug compatibility as in 17.2 was the highest version tested for the Verus. The consensus among us was that they must've ran into issues with 17.4 which is a possibility but there's a flip to that also I feel. Yes they can't go backwards either because if they're loading the software onto a tool with the 17.2 version now and they brick the Tool then Snap-on will have to replace it and that's part of the reasoning as well being that he said the tool is no longer supported. So yes I now fully understand that dilemma.

After acquiring the Zeus on the bottom of the box I saw a Tag with the "contents" or the makeup of parts for the Zeus and they consisted of Verus parts so I'm trying to figure what the change was. IF they're essentially Rebadging a Verus to a Zeus with some design changes but some design changes it would be nice to know the differences and I can tell you even some franchisees and the tech guys don't know much more other than it has a ssd drive which had it not had it that would've been the first upgrade due to ruggedness the ssd drives can handle vs the conventional laptop or even desktop spinning hard drives.

Board specs, memory specs, memory upgradeable or not, etc would be nice things to know as being it runs on a special version of windows according to the inserted paper. Just increasing memory size from 4 to 8gb or 8 to 16 will mark a major improvement in speed which should help when scoping with speed and some with cache and graphics as well.

One thing I'd like to know is what others are being offered subscription wise for the "intelligence diagnostics" or as we call them ongoing updates as the card insert with the tool pack showed a different amount that what I was quoted by my dealer.

What's gets me even further is the tech truck guy had quoted me a price for the cart, monitor setup and the next day I called and said I wanted to add it then the franchisee says well that's $2k more than what he quoted and don't know where he got his numbers from then later that evening sends me a message and says I checked with the tech truck rep and he don't remember saying that and it must've been something else you were discussing. I told him no it wasn't.

I don't know what the % of retail a snap on franchisee needs to make to break even but I told him I already bought the tool and was meeting him at 65% plus of retail for the cart so just break even on that and I'm sure you'll make the money back later and you'll be money ahead. I mean even at 65% of the "$3900" retail quote he's got to be making money.

I am almost saying screw it and maybe I should be a S/O Franchisee myself as the margin pendulum swings good it seems.

Heck I even sold a Modis Edge for the guy earlier this week as I have a friend was looking at going from a Solus Pro to a Solus Edge and I loaned him 2 weekends ago my Modis Edge that I traded for the Zeus and he changed his mind and bought a Modis Edge instead of a Solus Edge which is a 2-3k jump depending on the price your dealer quotes you.

I've got my number where I want to be on this deal and he knows I want it but I've told him I'll walk away and the thing is I don't even have to look back. I'm mainly wanting the box for storing my other extensive diagnostic stuff in plus the cart with screen deal which allows you to extend your scan tool and do the work from a monitor with mouse if needed but also do scope diagnostics without having have the scan tool in the engine compartment but rather just pop the scope adapter out and go vehicle side while watching the bigger monitor and using a mouse for controlling the screen.

I may just sit on it a few weeks and see if he calls me back on a slow week as they have slow weeks to.

MY main thing is I didn't haggle much on the price and subscription of the tool but if I was quoted something by a representative of the company then they should refer back and really consider that as I have no reason to lie. Even has the tech truck driver said the service cart is essentially a cheap add-on because you're already paying for the tool when you compare it to other conventional Snap-on tool boxes.

There's always rule # 1 about the customer and I'm sure if I sweeten the pot with some cash and ask another dealer as I'm a walk on guy (been long term with this truck) then maybe someone else will help me.

Maybe I'll call online sales and price this all out and see what their quote is compared to what I've been sold.

Anyone else getting any US dollar number quotes for the tool, subscription, add on diagnostic cart kit? Just curious how it all adds up even quoted separately. I'd think the more a person spends the better the deal they'd get on add ons so close to the tool purchase price.

I've added some pictures in reference to the sticker on bottom of box. I'm sure after this it'll be changed in the future.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Dtnel; 02-24-2018, 01:06 PM. Reason: Added info, spelling

Comment

Working...