Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heavyr
    • Feb 2013

should i trade up to a verdict?

i have an opportunity to trade up from my solus pro and vantage pro to a hardly used verdict on 11.2 . Reading some of the threads on this board not everyone thinks it is as good a tool as it was marketed as . since the tool has been out a while now have opinions changed at all , should i save my money and stick with what i already have ? My solus is on 13.2 so it will be a slight step backwards in terms of software.
  • chopperb
    • Aug 2013

How much are they giving you on trade?

Comment

• Heavyr
      • Feb 2013

the price is not really the deciding factor , its more wether the tool is worth going for , have heard its a bit glitchy at times. i like the fact it is wireless and keyless , but if these are the only real advantages is it worth the out lay ??
      Last edited by Heavyr; 02-19-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Heavyr
        i have an opportunity to trade up from my solus pro and vantage pro to a hardly used verdict on 11.2 . Reading some of the threads on this board not everyone thinks it is as good a tool as it was marketed as . since the tool has been out a while now have opinions changed at all , should i save my money and stick with what i already have ? My solus is on 13.2 so it will be a slight step backwards in terms of software.
        Stay with what you've got.
        Trading in a scanner or scope leaves you with NOTHING for a backup

The all-in-one tools also leave you with nothing when a common component breaks

Comment

• badcoupe
          • Jan 2011

if they fully upgraded the software it might be ok, I had lots of trouble with my verdict, SO finally bought it back. Everything that went wrong they kept saying upgrade would fix finally after a few bad HD's they took it off my hands. They are rather undewrpowered hardware wise, but there are plenty of threads on upgrading to ssd RAM etc.

Comment

• chopperb
            • Aug 2013

I have had mine since August 2013. Updated to 13.4 from 12.2 in October. No issues with it. I have upgraded the ram. I plan on upgrading to ssd soon.

Comment

Working...