Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

No More PATS ?

Was going to add a key to a 2016 F150 with FMP. Guess what ? No can do. Gotta have credentials now. Got redirected to this page
    Attached Files
    Last edited by greasybob; 05-04-2016, 06:11 PM.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

It appears to be only with the new 2016 f150. Just tried a 13 Edge and FMP went right to the 10 minute (600 seconds) screen.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

What if a customer had 2 programmed keys with him and just wanted to add a third one ?

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

I read about this a few years back. Big push from insurance companies to try and curb auto theft. Just makes us do more steps, and have your name in another data base
        S. Breland

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

The NASTF is a JOKE-!
          Fundamentally, it's a VOLUNTARY involvement amongst the vehicle manufacturers. More hoops and costs to jump thru and absorb for independents. Those manufacturers will only do what is in THEIR best interest.
          When the thieves want to steal a vehicle, they can have it towed and yanked in less than two minutes, lock, stock and barrel. Locks only keep HONEST people out.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

Guess Ford bow down to the insurance companies. Terrible.

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

Yep - the only thing anti - theft systems succeed at is causing more hardship for both owner and mechanic.
              The car owner should be offered a choice here. If he wants it - fine, then he should have to pay dearly for it.
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Gearhead396
                • May 2016

Thanks for the info! We have a 2016 F-150 in the body shop that will need a new PCM and harness. Guess I will have to call my local mobile locksmith to program 2 keys. Still trying to make it harder to for the independent to perform all repairs in-house.

Leonard..

Comment

• cardoctor6455
                  • May 2011

It gets worse than that. Now on some of the fords especially the new fusions, you have to replace the bcm if it doesnt have keyless entry. The reason being is the bcm is also the pats module and if it doesnt see a key fob or keypad input prior to a door being input it automaticlly goes into anti theft mode. The killer is even when you go to program keys with the ids it goes into a 10 minute lock out and you want be able to program keys until the timers ends. You exactly one minute to program keys and yes you do have to log in to verify who you are .

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Thought by law if you are the owner of the vehicle , the manufacturer should provide to you at no cost , a printout of a any PIN codes, in codes, out codes, as well as the door pad keypad entry #s. After any Big 3 car or truck is 3 years old , and lost half it's original purchase value, and well on it's way to becoming a POS , as a customer I would prefer it would be easy for a thief to steal my vehicle at night while I sleep and get the insurance check, than be a PITA and have my car and phone getting jacked at a stop light at gun point somewhere on the south side.

Last edited by Witsend; 05-12-2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

Is anyone out there a member of the NASTF ? Or know of anyone who is ? What does it cost ? How much for the million dollar insurance policy ? 10 bucks ?

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Becoming a NAS-T F'er won't make you any more like able.

Comment

• bestdamgarage
                          • Apr 2016

you can register for free

Comment

• jm43130
                            • Apr 2008

I thought it was like $300 for a 2 year license to be a licensed security professional. There is even a criminal background check.

Comment

• cadams
                              • Mar 2016

Yes there is a 75.00 registration fee and 300.00 for 2 years, lot of paperwork, background checks. It was mandatory for us to get licensed to buy Transmission Valve Bodies for Mercedes 722.9 units, Transmission is considered a TRP.

Comment

Working...