Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hardcorefl
    • May 2016

interested in pass thru

we are interested in purchasing pass thru for our shop. mainly our reasoning is for diesel trucks. we come across a lot that people have installed tuners in and have either bought truck from dealer so don't have original tuner or have lost it. we need to flash trucks back to stock before can load any custom tuning into them. question is have any of you ran into any be it ford, dodge, or chevy that pass thru or manufactures won't allow you to flash other than going back to dealer. would just like to keep trucks in house then farming them out. thanks in advance for help.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Tuner PCMs likely been made FUBAR

F'ed up beyond restoration .I think if the OE manufacturer's program can't see a bone stock PCM, then it will not allow one to write a stock calibration back over it.
    Last edited by Witsend; 05-26-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• jbakers1
      • Oct 2007

Tunners

Most tunners i have ran across are the plug and play type . Fords use to be a chip that plugged into the back of the pcm and if you took the chip off you were back to the originl programms, the one dodge i did i just removed all the trash and that was it i did not have to reprogram. These were older vehicle so i am not sure if the newer ones are differnt. If you are looking to purchace a aftermarket programmer i have a new unit forsale it is the otc j 2534 programmer i could make a good deal on. let me know
      jbakers1, Yakima Wa
      I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Comment

• bestdamgarage
        • Apr 2016

i have put as built data back in a ford after the hand held tuner blanked the pcm.GM has as built data also for when you put in a blank module no experience when it has a tune new chryslers dodges are f-ed if its can bus send it to dealer.Also had a 96 mustang recently couldnt get it to take as builtdata in pcm

Comment

• hardcorefl
          • May 2016

cool, appreciate the help guys. we pulled the trigger on it earlier this week. I had a 15 duramax come in but had my buddy come from the dealer to flash it back to stock. Got an 05 F250 waiting on new pcm to show up and will see how it goes. Truck was at body shop for 6 months killed 2 sets of batteries and jumped it numerous times and low voltage wiped out the pcm.

Comment

Working...