zeus connection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

OK, since we're just throwing pictures, why not. Here's where the Verdict is currently resting. Browsing this forum on the wifi it isn't supposed to have. That is my touchscreen it's connected to. I found it puzzling that I never could get it to match resolutions well with that monitor though the Zeus/Verus Edge do just fine. Also apparently touchscreen drivers don't exist for that and Win XP so the touchscreen feature doesn't work with the Verdict either.
    THe touchscreen I got used from a commercial installation so it didn't come with a stand. I made those "legs" with a VESA style plate welded to them. The idea being it could now be easily bolted to the back of a cart/toolbox. Or I may jest swap it into the lid of the existing cart instead of the Acer that's in it now.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

You guys have some awesome set ups!

Like I said before, if your tool has wifi internally and uses windows, you can use chromecast to mirror your FULL SCREEN to any tv that has HDMI. Then set up your wireless keyboard or mouse(Bluetooth or with usb receiver depending on which one you buy), download Chrome Browser and just set it up through there. Not that hard and everything is wireless as long as your close to your routers signal. No cables anywhere to be seen.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Like I said before, if your tool has wifi internally and uses windows, you can use chromecast to mirror your FULL SCREEN to any tv that has HDMI. Then set up your wireless keyboard or mouse(Bluetooth or with usb receiver depending on which one you buy), download Chrome Browser and just set it up through there. Not that hard and everything is wireless as long as your close to your routers signal. No cables anywhere to be seen.
        I thought Casting works differently than Mirroring, in that with mirroring, anything that is open on your screen no matter what was playing before would display on your screen , but with Casting the screen, You Tube or whatever you chose to click and cast on last in your Chrome Browser would continue to display and play out on the TV, screen. You could minimized tab, and go into something else on your PC privately and not interrupt the movie or video playing being cast to the TV screen, where with mirroring, TV just displays whatever screen you are viewing on the PC. The Browser Casting software is given permission access to saved photos, videos, music and internet sites without problem,...however
        Question is How well does that Funky Anally secure Proprietary SnapOn Diagnostic Suite and scope software on a Verus play with the Google Chrome software trying to project it to WIFI network for TV display?
        I'm also Curious because I have read about folk installing Google Chrome on a Maxi Sys Pro Tablet but nothing about using Chrome Cast and casting the screen off it to a TV,( other than a HDMI cable plugged in to it off TV. Anyone manage that without Rooting the tablet? Hate to cause a chink in the chain of Chinese boot commands to fail and have to drop over $1000 to buy an update to get authorization to open my diagnostics again .

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I really liked what I saw with folk's awesome diagnostic carts but I didn't feel a need to create a diagnostic cart with a monitor,and printer for my home garage , but you guys inspired me to put an LCD TV I was going to put to curb and hook it on a $10 HF TV mount screwed on to the back cover of my existing HF cart (I never close )so I can watch game with rabbit ears antenna and an old Insignia digital to analog converter I still had sitting unused for years in my basement.
          I couldn't believe the 24" LCD TV the wife got back in 2010 must have been manufactured before the switch from analog to Digital OTA signal in 2006 because it would not display a picture with the Digital Over the Air antenna I bought, planning to ditch the Direct TV , so I just got the wife a 32" Insignia Roku Smart TV for an extra $20 over the cost of a regular newer TV that works fine in the bedroom with an OTA Digital antenna,(when tha day comes I finally Ditch the Direct TV) and my wife can watch her NetFlix movies
          right off the TV instead of mirroring it off her smart phone or laptop to the front room TV (with the Screen Beam Mini 2).
          I have an HDMI cable plugged into it now in case I want to plug in my laptop or my maxCyst, but probably just get another Screen Beam Mini 2 for the second HDMI port to mirror phone or laptop wirelessly to it if I feel a need.
          I drilled 2 holes for the TV mount in the cart lid and 2 holes about 2 inches rearward of the existing holes for the lid gas props to get the lid to open fully a complete 90 degrees.
          Attached Files

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

We were looking at doing something similar on the blue cart as its lid doesn't fully open either. We could aim the screen to compensate but the weight of the screen would always be dragging the lid closed a bit. We figured to relocate the shocks to just past 90 degrees so it would tend to stay open. Plus aim the screen straight. Great minds think alike?

I realized I never thought much about Chromecast because I have long since upgraded to all smart TV's at home. When I want to cast something from my PC, a laptop, or my phone, I just do it. No extra hardware required or desired.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I realized I never thought much about Chromecast because I have long since upgraded to all smart TV's at home. When I want to cast something from my PC, a laptop, or my phone, I just do it. No extra hardware required or desired.
              Smart TVs are nice , but not sure if mirroring devices to them is dependent or not on both devices being connected to the WIFI network.
              I never used Chromecast myself for casting because I heard it requires running Google Chrome Browser and having a strong WIFI signal, where the ActionTec Screen Beam Mini 2 does not require any open browser or WIFI connection at all, and you can still use an Actiontec USB transmitter on a Legacy device like a Windows 7 or 8 laptop to connect to the Screen Beam Mini 2 (and thinking maybe it work fine on a Verus Edge or Zeus, but not sure)
              Other than a HDMI cable I haven't read about people mirroring Chinaman scan tools wirelessly to a big screen TV. I might be able to somehow install Google Chrome Browser some way and use Chromecast device Toltecas Chavez mentioned, but hate to have something go wrong where I woud need to recover device and have to buy another update to be able to re download the software if the back up on my Thumb drive would not work.

Comment

• wdoug21
                • May 2012

32 in hd monitor through docking station . Setup to only show on big screen until undocked .

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

32 in hd monitor through docking station . Setup to only show on big screen until undocked .
                  Wow, I really haven't looked at the prices of 32" HD monitors in a long time, but the non touchscreen monitor prices have come down to where you can now get 720p ones for only a $100.
                  With HDMI cables and or wireless mirroring now a days what would the benefit be of buying a dedicated PC monitor, if a 32" TV can fill the same need and offer built in speakers and OTA digital TV channels with a digital OTA antenna in your Tool Box Hutch or mounted to a purpose built cart?
                  I can see some benefit in a large shop of a large touch screen monitor getting most of the wear and tear and having the actual Zeus or Edge staying clean and secure out of sight in the docking station till road test time.A wireless mouse and keyboard help keep both cleaner
                  Last edited by Witsend; 11-23-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• ronald316
                    • Oct 2018

hook up monitor

hey has it turns out my snapon rep gave me the craddle for my zeus.

Comment

Working...