Transtar RAP kit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jables2006
    • Dec 2015

RAP : remote access programming. MS surface tablet, j2534 setup, battery maintainer, all in a tidy case. I got it because I may as well live in Inuvik when it comes to dealers, and theres not enough population to support me going all in with subs & software licences, equipment etc.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

RAP : remote access programming. MS surface tablet, j2534 setup, battery maintainer, all in a tidy case. I got it because I may as well live in Inuvik when it comes to dealers, and theres not enough population to support me going all in with subs & software licences, equipment etc.
      Sounds like a pretty complete setup.Is it truly remote access to the specific OE site provided from a Mobile HotSpot attached to the tablet where it uses The RAP supplier's phone or satellite network anyplace for doing mobile work somewhere that you can't access WIFI?

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jables2006
        Any specific vendor provide your RAP kit or straight from DrewTech? Have you had to pay any minimum use fees?

Comment

• bestdamgarage
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Tech10
          What did you try, RAP Kit, programming it on the bench or a combination? Also why was the PCM being programmed and who was on the hook for the fried PCM?
          i tried it with a pass through pro three on the bench iwas on the hook for pcm but it was only 50 bucks

Comment

• bestdamgarage
            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Witsend
            I want to do it myself and do it only when I absolutely have to for the least amount of cost likely using a unvalidated Chinese knock off. Hate to reward these carmakers and tool companies always coming up with new and proprietary **** I need to blow money on to fix the cars, and intentionally make it difficult to use a used module.
            yeah exactly then in 10 year when you call for a new module they tell you its nls (no longer serviced) and nobody has any on the shelf and you cant get a calibration either without the tear tag number which is long gone from the vehicle

Comment

• Tech10
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by bestdamgarage
              i tried it with a pass through pro three on the bench iwas on the hook for pcm but it was only 50 bucks
              Not sure what you possibly did wrong (Probably a faulty PCM). The proper tool is the Kent-Moore J-45211 for certain Cadillacs & Vetts. Can be done on the car you just need to remove 1 or 2 wires and install a wire for the class 2 data in it's place on the blue PCM connector (See wiring Diagram to be certain which data wire or wires) and connect it directly to the DLC in place of class 2 serial data wire. So your Tech2 or programming tool is communicating only with the PCM and nothing else and the PCM isn't indirectly communicating with another module. Then program as normal using the IG switch for your key on & off cycles.
              I take it you were not using the RAP kit.

Comment

• bestdamgarage
                • Apr 2016

no pass through pro 3 didnt bother to fugure out why it went 80 percent o the way through twice then it wouldnt communicate cut my loses sent the cheap a-- guy packing guy had a built zo6 wants used pcm crying he has no money other wise i would have got new and called the local programer guy live and learn i guess

Comment

Working...