F350 BCM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Last issue. Dome lights blink and do not stop. Everything else works great except blinking dome lights!!!.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Codes ?

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

U10F1- Key in Switch
        This DTC was present prior repairs so I didn't give it much thought.......

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

In case you still need help. I use snap-on TPMS Tool and my Snap-on Verus to put TPMS in learning mode. Then activate each sensor using my TPMS3 Tool. I start with front passenger then work my way around till I end with front driver. After that, learning is complete and you should be good to go.

Comment

• Matt
            • Dec 2008

I did finally get TPMS sorted out, thanks to everyone's help. I just performed another code scan with my Verus and found an additional code
            B10D7- (PATS)Key

Comment

• Matt
              • Dec 2008

I only performed the "Parameter reset" with one key. Did I need to do it with both?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                • Apr 2011

Depends if the code doesn't reset. If it keeps coming back, you might have to program 2 keys and then the dtc should stay gone. I always do erasure which erases all keys and must program 2 keys in order for car to star. I did this to the ford bcm I programmed and no codes in bcm.

Comment

• Matt
                  • Dec 2008

Both DTCs, B10D7 and U10F1, return after several attempts to clear with scan tool. Dome lights sill flash on and off continuously once key is turned on. I did the PATs relearn on both keys but only performed "Parameter reset" with one. Both keys currently unlock and start truck. I'm so close to sending this one out the door! I will chase diagnostic flow charts for both DTCs until I find a solution, all I can think to do now.

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

U10F1- Key in Switch
                    This DTC was present prior repairs so I didn't give it much thought.......
                    On that vehicle can you turn the key on and push a straight pick up through a small hole, remove the ignition key cylinder and inspect the key in contact points on the ignition cylinder and what contacts that are inside the lock cylinder housing to see if something might be booger-ed up or missing?Does the warning chime sound when opening the door if the ignition key is left in the cylinder and doesn't when opening the door after the key is out?

Comment

• Matt
                      • Dec 2008

I'll check that out Wit. I am going to erase both keys and start over with the PATs relearn.

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

Is there an aftermarket remote start ?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                          • Apr 2011

I'm gonna say that either tire programming didn't go smoothly, BCM programming wasn't done correctly(not ur fault, has happened to me a few times and had to reprogram) or something else needs programming. My guess over the internet is that I would do the BCM programming again and then do TPMS programming again. Or check wiring in dome light. Could be a wiring problem caused the other BCM to fry? Just thoughts and ideas. Let us know.

Comment

• Matt
                            • Dec 2008

No aftermarket remote start. I will perform BCM reprogramming again and PATs again and TPMS again. Maybe it will work out. I will post results. Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                              • Apr 2011

Did you get to do the reprogramming? Let us know how it went. Very curious about this.

Comment

• Tech10
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Matt
                                No aftermarket remote start. I will perform BCM reprogramming again and PATs again and TPMS again. Maybe it will work out. I will post results. Thanks again for all the help.
                                Matt, this is a common issue when using FMP. Ford IDS must be used to insure no issues with writing the configuration to the BCM.

Comment

Working...