Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • normanatlm
    • Apr 2009

reflash pass thru pro 2 help

my pass thru pro 2 does not light up when I plug it into the diag connector. what happened?
    was on gm web site and downloaded sps, did that do it?
    Last edited by normanatlm; 10-02-2010, 08:56 AM.
  • normanatlm
    • Apr 2009

when pass thru did light up here is some error messages I got

Comment

• Rich Barton
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by normanatlm
      when pass thru did light up here is some error messages I got
      Hi Normanatlm,

I was just told yesterday that the gm tis web site is having alot of problem right now.

I was told it is working better in the morning than in the afternoon.

Alot of people have been getting corupted files.

Not sure if this is your problem but thought I might tell you.

Did you try hooking your PTP2 to another car?
      Rich Barton
      C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• normanatlm
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Rich Barton
        Hi Normanatlm,

I was just told yesterday that the gm tis web site is having alot of problem right now.

I was told it is working better in the morning than in the afternoon.

Alot of people have been getting corupted files.

Not sure if this is your problem but thought I might tell you.

Did you try hooking your PTP2 to another car?
        yes, thank you
        I hooked it up to another car and no power on ptp2, both cars the diag connector will light up the scanner, comm good at connector

Comment

• Rich Barton
          • Sep 2007

yes, thank you
          I hooked it up to another car and no power on ptp2, both cars the diag connector will light up the scanner, comm good at connector
          only plug your PTP2 to a dlc connector on a car,with nothing else hooked to the PTP2 is the lightd flashing on the PTP2 unit?

if not hit the reset by the lights,

if still no lights check for power in cord.

I dont see any fuse so I think next step would be to call snappy support

Rich
          Rich Barton
          C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• normanatlm
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Rich Barton
            only plug your PTP2 to a dlc connector on a car,with nothing else hooked to the PTP2 is the lightd flashing on the PTP2 unit?

if not hit the reset by the lights,

if still no lights check for power in cord.

I dont see any fuse so I think next step would be to call snappy support

Rich
            hooked up to vehicle only, reset is no help, snappy is closed today, will have to get ahold of snappy monday, mean while I have a vehicle with no pcm, oh boy the boss is gonna love this one. I finally convinced him to reflash, after I bought all the goodies including snappy's newest battery charger, batt charger worked great, nice one too.

If I can't resolve this on monday, looks like I might be paying a tow bill and reflash to the dealer, oh well had a lot of overtime this week.

Comment

• Rich Barton
              • Sep 2007

hooked up to vehicle only, reset is no help, snappy is closed today, will have to get ahold of snappy monday, mean while I have a vehicle with no pcm, oh boy the boss is gonna love this one. I finally convinced him to reflash, after I bought all the goodies including snappy's newest battery charger, batt charger worked great, nice one too.

If I can't resolve this on monday, looks like I might be paying a tow bill and reflash to the dealer, oh well had a lot of overtime this week.
              Hi Normanatlm,

I would think there is some kind of fuse inside maybe I am wrong.

Yea this is the way it is anymore.
              Your boss has to learn that flashing is part of the job and sometimes things dont go right .

How can you learn if you dont get your feet wet.

How long ago did you buy the PTP2?
              Rich Barton
              C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• normanatlm
                • Apr 2009

about a month ago, this is the 1st attempt
                won't be the last though

Comment

• Earl Davis
                  • Jan 2009

I had a problem this week flashing a GM and called the Tis web tech line and they were very helpful. I made 2 calls and the second time I had to leave a message, and my call was returned promptly. I work for a non GM dealer and I am not used to getting this type of support when calling the help line. I was impressed with the knowledge of the reps. that I spoke with and the help I received.

Earl

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

The Pass Thru Pro II is the same as the Drew Technologies J2534 device correct ? If so here is a link to some very helpful videos of how hook ups and OEM web site navigation at their website. Whats the difference between the Pass Thru Pro II and the original Pass Thru device Snap On sold.I Kind of wish I'd seen these videos a couple of years ago, I think I might give reflashing another try.http://www.drewtech.com/products/cardaqplus.html

Comment

• normanatlm
                      • Apr 2009

ok
                      snappy issued a call tag to repair my pass thru pro2.
                      local snap on dealer, hooKed me up with another tech who loaned me his ptp2,
                      went back to ac delco site, to try and reflash this vehicle. under the settings tab tis sees the ptp2.
                      still could not reflash, got a new error message.

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

When do you get the error message ? Are the lights coming on now on the Ptp2 ? Is there maybe a fire wall problem ? Can you use any ptp2 with the soft ware you've already downloaded from yours or is the software specific to your unit ?

Comment

• gmworldclass
                          • Oct 2010

I am a service Tech at a GM dealer. Are you trying to program the ECM and can you comunicate with it on a scanner?

Why do you have to reprogram it?

Comment

• normanatlm
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by greasybob
                            When do you get the error message ? Are the lights coming on now on the Ptp2 ? Is there maybe a fire wall problem ? Can you use any ptp2 with the soft ware you've already downloaded from yours or is the software specific to your unit ?
                            when I am reflashing
                            lights work on the ptp2 I borrowed, yes
                            software works
                            had an acdelco tech, take possesion of my computer today, he removed firewalls and try reflash, still error message.
                            he had me check with modis, the computers in vehicle, have communication with all but, the pcm, have a I believe u1000 code in bcm, bus comm, not sure can't recall. he had me pull fuses for pcm, etc etc.
                            Boss has a friend from gm will be down tommorrow and try to ping pcm, wake up.
                            this is 03 trailblazer, 4.2, can't believe the pcm is mounted to side of engine block.

Comment

• normanatlm
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by gmworldclass
                              I am a service Tech at a GM dealer. Are you trying to program the ECM and can you comunicate with it on a scanner?

Why do you have to reprogram it?
                              I was attempting to reflash for 1870 code fix and stalling fix, when my ptp2 died. they were some of the reflashes available on acdelco site.
                              all computers I can communicate with except pcm, pcm comes up no communication with modis.
                              not exactly sure but I believe acdelco tech said I had to fix comm error

I have appox 48 hours to resolve this or cough up 500 bucks to my boss for a pcm.
                              let me see 150 a week to snappy, (actually gave snappy 300 this week) 166 to ase yesterday to reup, appox 100 a month to misc training. 40 a week to macto. working is getting expensive, but fun.

Comment

Working...