Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tech12
    • Oct 2010

FMP web site

I tried to use FMP today(june 7) and I just got the message - cannot connect to server-check internet connection - Blah blah blah. I tried both of my computers - same. Reloaded FMP 73.00 on both computers - same. It's like their server is down. I e-mailed FMP guy. It was too late in the day to get a response. Anyone else use FMP today? i sure hope it is working in the morning!
  • Orevin
    • Aug 2010

Make sure your subscription is current and that you're using the correct user name (it's case sensitive).
    -Kai-
    Chicago, IL

Comment

• tech12
      • Oct 2010

Fmp

Yup- I paid for my subscription and the system recognizes me. I get to the point of checking for internet connection. Then it says that I cannot connect to the server. I performed the checks from FMP user manual (connect to yahoo.com - I can) Closed FMP and restarted and it will not work. For good measure I rebooted my computer and phone that I connect to the internet with. When i got home I uninstalled FMP and re-loaded FMP 73.00 and it still won't work. So - i guess I will wait and see what FMP guy has to say in the morning. I just wondered if anyone else experienced this today. It is common for the GM TIS site to go down for hours at a time. I just wondered if FMP has the same problem.

Comment

• Dave B
        • May 2011

FMP Connectivity issues

Guys,

I talked to a few people yesterday and caught a thread on IATN that makes me think this was something of a widespread issue. I am doing a full re-install of FMP and going to see how things are functioning today.

The IATN thread is in the tools and equipment forum.

I got FMP re-installed and ran it and it is connecting with Motorcraft Servers.

Dave
        Last edited by Dave B; 06-08-2011, 06:59 AM. Reason: Updated Info

Comment

• USpMD
          • Oct 2010

I checked today, both Dealer and aftermarket site are up and working with no known issues, I have been using these sites for years, there are some issues at times, most of the time the site is very relieable, if if dose go down they resolve it within 1 to 2 hrs, is it working ok for you today??
          "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• Dave B
            • May 2011

FMP Connectivity issues

The servers were down yesterday, 6/7, afternoon/evening for a few hours. Server connections have been working fine all day today, it was a case of technical difficulties.

Comment

• tech12
              • Oct 2010

Fmp

So I reloaded FMP and now after loading FICM software it says the module doesn't recognize security access. This is getting very frustrating

Comment

• Steve6911
                • Feb 2007

Hi Eric
                Sorry I didn't get a chance to post earlier. Since the begining of the year the aftermarket site has had its share of problems. They have put of out interm updates, rolled back to earlier version etc. At one point I was down for about a month with it telling me the the software did not see the tool, that was on several different pc's. After an update, it worked again, didn't change any settings. I had several calls in and I was told there are no known problems, yet every tech I knew that was using Jboxes was having issues. I was getting tired of calling my Locksmith to borrow his IDS and I'm sure he was getting tired of me. I don't have any Fords lined up now but if time permitts I will use my van as a test dummy once again and let you know my results.

Steve

Comment

• USpMD
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by tech12
                  So I reloaded FMP and now after loading FICM software it says the module doesn't recognize security access. This is getting very frustrating
                  Can you post a screen shot, also need vin#, I dont use the motorcraft site much, but haved reflashed thousands of vehicles over the dealer site, maybe I can assist you, what software are you using?, did you make sure to deactivate firewall? Is there any anti-virus software on this computer??
                  "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• USpMD
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by tech12
                    also make sure your system meets min. requirements

Processor – 500 MHz
                    Memory – 128 MB of RAM
                    Available Hard Disk Space – 200MB
                    Graphics Card – 800x600 16-bit color
                    Internet Connection – High-speed Internet connection, such as DSL or Cable Modem

Software Requirements
                    Operating System – Windows 2000, XP or Vista
                    Web Browser – Internet Explorer Version 7.0 or later
                    Adobe Acrobat Reader – Version 5 or later

Comment

• tech12
                      • Oct 2010

Fmp

Ok - here is the sequence of events. Diagnosed a FICM for a customer last week. They called me Tuesday and said they put in a FICM that they got from International. They said it had the same numbers on it as the old one. I tried to program it Tues afternoon (I am on the west coast-Pacific time) FMP said it couldn't connect to the server. I e-mailed FMP. They replied and said that they had technical problems yesterday and to try again today. I went first thing this morning and tried again. This time I got a message that the files were not available on the server. I reloaded FMP 73.00 and tried again. This time The files were found, the FICM program loaded and when it went to update the PCM I got a message "error code:0-0x33 851082 module is not granting security access. " From there it kicks me out. Now it will not crank. The TCm will not communicate. I assume because the PCM and TCM did not get programmed? I tried every which way to get it to program it and no go. I tried as a replaced module as well as just reprogramming. I tried accessing PCM and TCM first - It is the same. My computer meets all the minimum specs. I had my charger on (DLS - 55) maintaining the battery at 13.4 V. My log in is correct. My subscription is paid and recognized. Has anyone else got this error message - MODULE IS NOT GRANTING SECURITY ACCESS? And no- this vehicle does not have PATS. The VIN is 1FDWE35P75HA97916. iT IS A 2005 Ford Econoline E350 with a 6.0 P engine. I have e-mailed FMP but they don't seem very interested in e-mailing back.

Comment

• USpMD
                        • Oct 2010

your vehicle info is; WARRANTY START DATE: 08-APRIL-2005 BUILD DATE: 12-JANUARY-2005 (sold in Canada)
                        VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: 2005 E-SERIES BODY STYLE: E-350 COMM CUTAWAY ENGINE: 6.0L DIESEL DI V8
                        TRANSMISSION: TORQSHIFT AXLE CODE: 52 ENGINE CALIB: 5E410A0A
                        PAINT COLOR: OXFORD WHITE SOLID C/C RADIO: ELECTRONIC AM/FM/STRO/CLOCK GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT: 11,500 LB. GVW
                        AXLE RATIO: 4.10 FINAL DRIVE RATIO WHEEL SIZE: 6.0 X 16" STEEL ROAD WHEELS FRONT TIRE: LT225/75R-16E BSW A-S
                        correct Ford FICM is; 4C3Z-12B599-ABRM FICM

When reflashing this vehicle select Programable Module installation from the toolbox; select FICM , after the FICM is flashed you should be directed to update PCM then TCM

I have never received the error message you describe, when you down loaded IDS 73 did you make sure your firewall was turned off, also is there any anti-virus protection on this computer? I have loaded software to way to many computers over the years and I can tell you Fords software will not load correctly with anti-virus, if there is I suspect it is your problem, but before you go any deleting ver-73 check to make sure you can identify the vehicle with your scan tool, if not I suspect programing has failed and the PCM is blank, you will need the old session to restore PCM OS to complete repair, respond back to me so I can decide where to go next

Comment

• USpMD
                          • Oct 2010

After reading your last post again additional things come to mind, what are you using for internet access, did you lose connection during file download?? You can private message me with contact info if you would like

Comment

• tech12
                            • Oct 2010

Fmp

I am using my phone for internet access. I have used it dozens of times. There was no loss of connection during download. I tried at least 8 times and each time today I ended up with the same message. I tried Programmable module installation of the FICM. After the FICM software loaded the error message came on "Module not granting security status." Then it kicks me out. I have not deleted FMP for that reason - I may need a previous session. What I have done is reload FMP 73.00 and pick Repair. My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have used it for a long time with no issues. I don't believe firewall is the problem. It loads the FICM software fine. It is at the point of programming the PCM that the problem and error message occur. I suspect that the International FICM is the cause of the error. There may be some sort of mismatch between the International FICM and the Ford PCM. Ideas?

Comment

• USpMD
                              • Oct 2010

Post the part number you have for the FICM, I will cross check the number in the morning, however this would not cause the error message for the PCM, Did you try to back out and perform a PMI on the PCM instead? this would flash the PCM first then update the software to the FICM, all FICMs are shipped with the OS in place and will start and run without programing, and I cannot stress enough to shut down your anit-virus when down loading Ford files, like I stated before I have Flashed thousands of vehicles over years, At the last Dealership I was at we had 17 IDS units, I was responsible for keeping them all up and running, A daunting task! most faults that happen during programing are caused by the operators computer, system or interuptions to internet connectivty or vehicle, causes include cables, software, heat stress, vehicle power , computer power etc.etc.
                              Last edited by USpMD; 06-09-2011, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...