X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave B
    • May 2011

Hyundai and Kia

Guys,

Both Hyundai and Kia have validated the Pass Thru Pro II for their reflashing applications. Been a long time coming.

Dave
  • jrorl63
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Dave B
    Guys,

Both Hyundai and Kia have validated the Pass Thru Pro II for their reflashing applications. Been a long time coming.

Dave
    Just make sure you update your PTPII firmware, so it works on Hyundai & Kia.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

That's great NEWS!!!! I was wondering about that. I'm gonna go to the sites to see the details. Thanks a lot. Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• uhaulkid
        • Nov 2011

Error

Not so fast...I have tried for three days and get error after error. There is no support from KIA at all and I have called SO support only to leave a message that has yet to be called back?Kia says only older drivers are suported well if you go back to the older drivers it still says same error. I have tried other usb ports other PC's, I have tried everything under the sun and I still get the same error.....
        It says itsINITIALIZATIONG DEVICE.....then j2534 error....rom ::ID read failure.....Whats the deal. and why does it take days to get a call from SO. When i bought this thing it took days to get a setup call by that time it was up and running?

any ideas?
        same error with all pc's and both drivers?
        Attached Files

Comment

• jrorl63
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Uhaulkid - Did you update your firmware & drivers? See my previous post http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...45&postcount=6

Comment

• Rich Barton
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by uhaulkid
            Not so fast...I have tried for three days and get error after error. There is no support from KIA at all and I have called SO support only to leave a message that has yet to be called back?Kia says only older drivers are suported well if you go back to the older drivers it still says same error. I have tried other usb ports other PC's, I have tried everything under the sun and I still get the same error.....
            It says itsINITIALIZATIONG DEVICE.....then j2534 error....rom ::ID read failure.....Whats the deal. and why does it take days to get a call from SO. When i bought this thing it took days to get a setup call by that time it was up and running?

any ideas?
            same error with all pc's and both drivers?

What year and model are you trying to flash?
            Did you use the jumper wires that is required for certain models?
            At what point did it tell you failure was it the first step or did it show the flash that is in the module and then the update available?

Here is a connector pin out of the hook up from there sit, my friend Mike made a update to this pin out.

Maybe this helps
            Attached Files
            Rich Barton
            C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• uhaulkid
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Rich Barton
              What year 1995...and model RIO...are you trying to flash?
              Did you use the jumper wires that is required for certain models? NO DIDNT SEE ANY LISTED FOR THIS MYAt what point did it tell you failure was it the first step or did it show the flash that is in the module and then the update available? IT GAVE ME THIS AS IT WAS TRYING TO CONNECT TO THE PTPII.Here is a connector pin out of the hook up from there sit, my friend Mike made a update to this pin out.
              I may be worng bbut in my findings this pinout charts dont apply to my vehical?

Maybe this helps
              Hope this helps

Comment

• Orevin
                • Aug 2010

Hope this helps
                Kia does not support J2534 reprogramming on 95, MY 2001 and up:

Open the spreadsheet on this website for more info:
                http://www.nastf.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3723
                -Kai-
                Chicago, IL

Comment

• uhaulkid
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Orevin
                  Kia does not support J2534 reprogramming on 95, MY 2001 and up:

Open the spreadsheet on this website for more info:
                  http://www.nastf.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3723
                  2005 sorry...head up but this am

Comment

• millevo
                    Snap-on D&I
                    • Feb 2007

for Uhaulkid

I have a 2005 KIA Optima controller here and it's software is upto date and gives me the same error message. Unfortunately as far as I can tell this is how the KIA Electronic Control Units provide the information that they are up to date.
                    if you can still perform functions from the J2534 toolbox this means communication between your PC and Vehicle is working

Comment

• uhaulkid
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by millevo
                      I have a 2005 KIA Optima controller here and it's software is upto date and gives me the same error message. Unfortunately as far as I can tell this is how the KIA Electronic Control Units provide the information that they are up to date.
                      if you can still perform functions from the J2534 toolbox this means communication between your PC and Vehicle is working
                      I have one here that is up to date and it says gives me the file name and number if you will and it shows the same for update meaning its up to date...not sure...i know its not up to date the one i need to flash cause its used and its from car with 9000 miles...hummmm

Comment

• Trindaddy
                        • Jan 2010

Wow! Sentences just don't seem the same without the correct punctuation and grammar. Maybe a Skype type of format would make some of these posts easier to understand. Come on guys.

Comment

• Rich Barton
                          • Sep 2007

I have one here that is up to date and it says gives me the file name and number if you will and it shows the same for update meaning its up to date...not sure...i know its not up to date the one i need to flash cause its used and its from car with 9000 miles...hummmm
                          Hi uhaulkid,

You can not use an used pcm on this car the vin number has been wrote to the parts car and can not be changed to the new car at least on a usa car that I am aware of.

A vin can only be wrote to an virgin pcm one time.

Does your car run with this used computer in it?
                          What happen to the original computer to make you want to try a used one?
                          Maybe since the vin is not correct this might be causing the error.

You should be able to go in to generic functions on your Snappy scanner and read the flash #

Also it does show a diagnostic connector in the engine compartment with a direct line to the pcm.
                          #3 on engine connector to pin #31 on pcm which does not go to the DLC in side the car, just giving you ideas.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rich Barton; 11-10-2011, 06:04 AM.
                          Rich Barton
                          C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• uhaulkid
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Rich Barton
                            Hi uhaulkid,

You can not use an used pcm on this car the vin number has been wrote to the parts car and can not be changed to the new car at least on a usa car that I am aware of. WELL MAYBE ITS ONLY MODEL TO MODEL CAUSE I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE WITH OTHERS AND THEY HAVE WORKED

A vin can only be wrote to an virgin pcm one time.

Does your car run with this used computer in it? YEP IT RUNS WITH OLD COMPUTER IN IT AND NEW COMPUTER IN IT BOTH. THE PROBLEM AT HAND IS SO COME AND GO AND I MEAN LIKE WEEKS OR EVEN MONTHS BETWEEN ILL NEVER KNOW TILL IT JUST LEAVES AND THEN SOME.
                            What happen to the original computer to make you want to try a used one? INTERMINANT NO POWER LIKE FUEL FILTER, CLOGGED CAT, MAYBE RETARDED TIMMING, WONT GO ABOVE XYZ MILES/RPMS NO MATER FAST SLOW MID LOW FULL THROTTLE, THEN OUT OF NO WHERE ITS GONE AND GONE FOR MOTNHS. THERE POSTS ON OTHER SITES ETC ETC ABOUT CRANK RING ON FLYWHEEL MOVING, TO IMNTERMINANT FOR THAT ID THINK PLUS IT RUNS TO WELL I KNOW STRANGE BUT EVEN WHEN ITS RUNNING BAD IT RUNS TO WELL TO BE THAT ID THINK. ALSO THE CODE SETS FOR O2 AND MAF EACH TIME WHICH THE DEALER RELPACED BOTH. IT ALSO SETS OTHER CODES WHEN IT ACTS UP ALL DIFFEREANT CODES EACH TIME BUT THE MAF AND O2. ALSO WITH THE SNAP ON OR THE OTC OR TECHSTREAM IN FAST OBD MODE HOOKED UP I LOOE COM FROM TIME TO TIME AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS I STILL HAVE REF VOLTAGE AT DIFF SENSORS ETC ETC ALSO I DONT LOOSE B+ AND OR GROUND. THERES TSB OUT THERE ABOUT ONE OF THE ISSUES I AM HAVING SO I WAS GOING TO UPDATE AND GO FROM THERE JUST TO BE ABLE TO SAY YES I SAW THE TSB AND DID IT BUT ITS NOT IT
                            Maybe since the vin is not correct this might be causing the error. NOPE NOT THE CASE I DONT GET THE ERROR WITH THE NEW ONE ONLY THE OLD ONE OR SHOULD I SAY THE ONE THAT CAME IN THE CAR GIVES ME ERROR, THE ONE THATS USED DOES NOT AND I WAS ABLE TO UPDATE IT SO I GUESS WE WILL SEE WHAT HPPENS IN TIME. THELAST TIME SHE WAS HERE WAS 87 DAYS AGO, THATS HOW OFTEN IT HAPPENS, WHEN IT DOES IT COULD BE FOR A FEW MINS OR FEW HOURS BUT IT GOS AWAY WHILE YOUR SITTING HERE OR DRIVING THERES NO RIME OR REASON TO WHEN IT COMES OR GOS

You should be able to go in to generic functions on your Snappy scanner and read the flash #I CAN ON THE USED ONE NOT THE ONE THAT CAME IN THE CAR, THIS IS ONE REASON WHY I AM LEANING TOWARDS BAD COMPUTER BUT I HATE NOT BEING ABLE TO TELL MY CUSTOMERS 100%

Also it does show a diagnostic connector in the engine compartment with a direct line to the pcm.
                            #3 on engine connector to pin #31 on pcm which does not go to the DLC in side the car, just giving you ideas.
                            SAW THAT BUT THANKS EVER SO MUCH FOR THE HEADS UP BUD! THANKS A BUNCH, ITS LITTLE THINGS LIKE THIS THAT GETS US THROUGH THINGS LIKE THIS!

As far as my pot made yesterday, I was driving when I did it so please don't get stupid with the use a period and spel chaeck it, I would think we are above that or is this another bashem if they don't spell check?
                            Back to case in point. see above...

Comment

• Trindaddy
                              • Jan 2010

Oh, you were driving! .......Sorry about that.

I was just being a bugger. It's like "fingers on a chaulkboard" to me when I read posts like that. I drive my kids crazy. Good luck w/ that Kia.

Comment

Working...