Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • landroverman1958
    • Feb 2010

call of duty,,,,,,,,

HI you all,,,,how do you measure duty cycle on a modis - say of an inlet metering valve, mprop valve on a common rail diesel?
    I,ve tried but does,nt work as i want it to, even following the guide in CTM i have tried on mondeo 2.00tdci and rangers
    I guess that back probing the signal wire is the wrong thing to do,
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

The valve is 12 volt ? You should be able to backprobe the control wire with the votage on the scope set 20 volts and the trigger some where between 0 and 12 volts and then adjust the sweep rate to get atleast 5 cycles on the screen. Once you see the pattern on the screen drop down the cursers to measure one cycle and compare as either on time in milliseconds or on time as percentage of the cycle. Not sure about the vehicle you have there but this should work on most solenoids.

Comment

• landroverman1958
      • Feb 2010

Hi Bob, yes its a 12v supply or battery voltage,when i back probe the sensor the car is reluctant to start, dont know why really, does the modis have to be earthed or does thst upset the signal to the pcm,also seems to effect the rail pressure sensor on the ford mondeo with the common rail system,
      Dont really know why, its the connectivity i think or my lack of knowledge of how to,

Comment

Working...