X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

Verus Pro dead?

Good morning,

Last week when I fired up my Verus Pro, the boot up screen for the Diagnostics Suite opened up, and then it froze. I let it sit like this for a few minutes. There was some colors floating at the top of the screen and so I forced a shut down with the power button. I tried starting it after a minute of shut down, but now I'm just getting a black screen. Green power light comes on with the switch, but that's all. I did hook up an outside monitor and mouse, but no luck. I have never used an outside monitor or mouse prior to this however, so I'm unsure if the Verus would send a signal out to the monitor or accept input from the mouse. I'm not a computer guy, just giving the info to any and all that might be able to help. I'm also without a Snap On dealer for the time being as mine has since retired and the new guy doesn't start for three weeks. Any help on a possible reset or what to do next is greatly appreciated.

Tom
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Have you tried contacting Tech Support? Phone numbers on the tool.

If the power is off, you can disconnect the battery and re-seat it. Sometimes this does the trick or at least it did on the older units.

Comment

• Modis500
      • Sep 2012

Good morning,

Finally had my Verus Pro sent to San Jose for a check and found it had a bad RAM and PCB, along with a slightly damaged DLC cable. Level 5 repair and it will be good as used/new when it returns. Before I sent her in, I took it apart myself to see how involved the SSD and RAM upgrade will be. I installed a new RAM, hoping it would help the issue I originally had. My shop foreman had found a post where someone did have luck with just a RAM. However, after trying to install a new 4GB stick, it did not fix it. And, since I'm unable to find a thread where anyone has posted internal pictures of a V.Pro similar to the original thread called "CSI: Inside the Verus", I'll upload all the photos so you guys can see what it entails to tear one down and get all the way inside to do your own SSD and RAM upgrades. I know this tool won't be supported after 20.4, but I think enough of us will keep them alive since the size and speed is more than most of us need on a daily basis.

Tom
      Zig Ziglar

Comment

• bestdamgarage
        • Apr 2016

where did you here the pro is losing support?

Comment

• Modis500
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by bestdamgarage
          where did you here the pro is losing support?
          I asked my rep prior to me sending it in. If support was dead at 19.4, I was going to look at another tool. San Jose confirmed that 20.4 IS the last update the tool will be receiving.

Tom
          Zig Ziglar

Comment

• bestdamgarage
            • Apr 2016

Well thats bs i just updated wouldnt have had i known that.

Comment

• Modis500
              • Sep 2012

Still a great platform. I'll update mine this fall once 20.4 comes out and after the Level 5 repair they performed, I'll just hold onto mine. Of all the platforms I've used from Snappy, this is my favorite. Plus, if your shop isn't doing close-to-new cars, 20.2 or 20.4 will be relevant for at least 2-3 years in most aftermarket shops, so I'd say you made a good choice.

Tom
              Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...