Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

Huge unacceptable bug found!

Scanning any vehicle, 2 GM's, and a Chrysler. If while viewing a data stream, you pause it to "save collected data". And you exit the data stream without "unpausing" you will need to restart the scanner software. This is with or without actually saving anything. Just need to pause data collection. If not you will be waiting an eternity for "Collecting data". It appears the software "pauses" and never restarts if you exit the data stream to come back in. This is 12.2 and I believe did it in 11.4 as well, I just never put 2+2 together until today. Its repeatable and does it every time.

In addition, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 non-HO, evap monitor errors out. Did it pre and post reboot. Will not run the evap monitor on that truck. DRB runs it no prob. Vin not handy but its saved on my scanner if needed. As are the above vehicles that the data stream had to be "unpaused" for saving "collected data".

BTW: Kudo's to the saved custom data until vehicle exit. Very nice. Someone listened to me :-)
    Last edited by TurboJim; 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM.
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

You are correct, I tried the same thing with a couple of Fords yesterday. I found that I could still read codes but not data. When scanning most European Vehicles there is an "end comunication" tab that is used when changing modules so that you exit correctly, maybe some thing similar should be added to exit the data streams. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Jay G.
      Administrator
      • Dec 2006

problem

Hi Jim
      Can you tell me what platforms this problem occurs on.

Thanks
      Jay

Comment

• TurboJim
        • Jan 2007

Jay, so far, GM, Saturn, Ford, VW and Chrysler.

Connect to a car, call up a data stream. Pause the data stream, then exit the data stream. If you go BACk to a data stream, the scanner wont reconnect. You can get codes, but it seems the "data collecting" area of the software gets paused, and isnt told to "start" again. If you pause the data, do your thing, then hit play again before exiting the stream, all is well.

To get a successful data stream again you must exit Atlas (or shopstream scanner as its called now) and restart it. A full reboot has not been necessary.
        Last edited by TurboJim; 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM.
        Jim Testa
        Senior Technician
        Dover, NJ

Comment

• Jay G.
          Administrator
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by TurboJim

Connect to a car, call up a data stream. Pause the data stream, then exit the data stream. If you go BACk to a data stream, the scanner wont reconnect. You can get codes, but it seems the "data collecting" area of the software gets paused, and isnt told to "start" again. If you pause the data, do your thing, then hit play again before exiting the stream, all is well.
          Jim,
          Thanks for the additional information i will pass it along.

I'm assuming that this problem occurs only on the Verus and Verdict.

Regards
          Jay

Comment

• TurboJim
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Jay G.
            Jim,
            Thanks for the additional information i will pass it along.

I'm assuming that this problem occurs only on the Verus and Verdict.

Regards
            Jay
            Well, mine is a Verus w/wireless. I'll have to try my workmates Solus Ultra when I have a chance.
            Jim Testa
            Senior Technician
            Dover, NJ

Comment

• Jay G.
              Administrator
              • Dec 2006

Well, mine is a Verus w/wireless. I'll have to try my workmates Solus Ultra when I have a chance.
              Thanks Jim

Comment

• sandt38
                • May 2012

To get a successful data stream again you must exit Atlas (or shopstream scanner as its called now) and restart it. A full reboot has not been necessary.
                Interesting. Add Suzuki to the list. I was wondering why I had to exit the diagnostic suite. I took a few data saves today and didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Comment

Working...