Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quickhitch11
    • Aug 2012

Lab Scope Training

I was wondering if anyone can recommend where i can look to find out about some training on using the scope in the Verus. i have recently upgraded from Solus Pro to the Verus. I am trying to learn how to use it, and ccould use some guidance. Thanks Chris
    i have been thru 2 of the three on line classes for the Verus, and am assuming there is some info on it in the third class.
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Go to Youtube and search for automotive DSO use. A couple of guys I have watched and recommend are ScannerDanner and MrGreasybob.
    S. Breland

Comment

• Modis500
      • Sep 2012

Yes, Paul Danner (ScannerDanner) Is quite smart, very easy to follow too. He teaches Auto Tech up in PA at a VoTech school, along with his own mobille diag business, and has a book out too. Is the MrGreasyBob the same greasybob from our forum?
      Last edited by Modis500; 10-03-2013, 06:36 AM.
      "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
      Zig Ziglar

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

For good or bad, yes.

Comment

• quickhitch11
          • Aug 2012

Scope

Thanks for the info, found Danner, and also a couple of others on you tube. Great info, super excited about using the Verus to its full capacity someday. Thanks, Chris

Comment

• derktins
            • Oct 2012

Congrats on your upgrade to the Verus.

It's good you are trying to get better acquainted with your new scope. Scopes in general will increase your ability to diagnose and fix cars quickly and accurately. And it just so happens that your new Verus scope is one of the best scopes on the market. Definitely the best hand-held scope you will find.

Not only that, but learning to use your scope will also increase your understanding of electrical circuits and cars in general.

As other's have stated, check out scannerdanner and greasybob on youtube. Also check out "realfixesrealfast". They have some good videos using the Verus scope and graphing meter also.

Good luck on the long road ahead. It's worth it.

Also, if you didn't get any amp probes with your scope, you will definitely want to pick up a couple. A high amp probe for starters and alternators, and a low amp probe for coils, injectors, solenoids, parasitic drains, etc. Adding a couple amp probes to the Verus really opens up it's capabilities a lot. A secondary ignition pickup is also a must.

Comment

Working...