• Show
Clear All
  • MadMatt1372
    • Jan 2008

$2795.00 TOO much for my taste.

Comment

• Modis500
      • Sep 2012

$2795?? That's only $15 more than the old Vantage Pro...i'm surprised they didn't jack the price up $1400 or more because of touch screen!
      "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
      Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Modis500
        $2795?? That's only $15 more than the old Vantage Pro...i'm surprised they didn't jack the price up $1400 or more because of touch screen!
        It should only be half the price of the Pro because with all the features removed it's only half the scope the Pro was, even with the larger touchscreen thrown in to boot!
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Modis500
          • Sep 2012

You know it's kind of funny that the same time the Ultra came out, I instead went out and bought the old MT2400 Vantage. Kept hearing great things from you guys on here, and for $150, it was well worth it! Kind of fun using that old thing too. I'd have to tell the younger techs out there looking at scopes that you can find an updated V Pro for less than $1000 online in nice condition. Well worth saving your $$$ and getting the Pro over the touchscreen-does less for more money-tool
          Just my opinion.....or as the texting group would put it: IMO
          Tom
          "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
          Zig Ziglar

Comment

• maven
            • Mar 2014

I just picked up the Vantage Ultra last night. After rebates and promo it was $2095, which made it hard to pass up.

I doesnt have graphing ohms capability which seems a little odd, but I I havent used a graphing ohms readout (save for bar graphs on my Tektronics DVOM :lol: ) in the best part of a decade so its not really like I feel like I am missing out on anything.

It doesnt have an RPM lead as many people have pointed out, but it is still equipped with primary and secondary ignition tests and component data. And though it doesnt include the secondary ignition probe, it accepts it.

I was told by the Diagnostic Sales guy that updates are cheaper than the Pro... $250-300. Not sure I believe him, but it would be nice.

I was considering a PICO, the Fluke 190 and Tektronix THS3000, but since the PICO requires me to be tethered to a laptop it was out, and the Fluke and Tek both easily blow past $4000, and while they are ruggedized, and 4ch superior scopes, the component database of the Vantage and its $2400 price advantage made it a relatively easy choice.

My biggest gripe is that it (like the Modis and Verus) isnt CAT III/IV rated.
            Maybe Ill have to upgrade to the new Verus Freedom if it becomes an issue... :lol:

Id be happy to answer any questions I can about features the Ultra does or doesnt have. Im hoping I like it and it helps me to make some more money and the "missing" features dont hinder my usage of it.

Comment

• sbebenelli
              • May 2007

What rebates and promo did you get to get it for $2095?

Comment

• maven
                • Mar 2014

All the info I have from my receipts....$2795-$400 discount(promo price?) -$300 EC rebate= $2095 I didnt ask "why" it was $400 off

Comment

Working...