Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 09-19-2019, 04:51 AM

lrparks Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default verus edge locks up

I have a verus edge updated to 19.2 that when changing from one screen to another it will lock up once in awhile, have to remove battery then everything is normal again. Does anybody know of a fix without having to send it in to Snap-on, Thanks

Last edited by lrparks; 09-19-2019 at 09:33 AM..
Old 09-19-2019, 10:27 AM

tech25 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I havnt seen this problem on a edge.. but i dont have alot of experience with the verus edge..

that being said. with any windows related pc. temperature can be a problem. has the unit been very cold or hot when this happens??

also how is the battery condition/holding charge??
Old 09-19-2019, 12:05 PM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Before I sent anything in for repair I'd try calling Tech Support.
If you don't want to do that, then re-image the unit. If it's a software problem, that will fix it.
Joe
Old 09-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Jay G. Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrparks View Post
I have a verus edge updated to 19.2 that when changing from one screen to another it will lock up once in awhile, have to remove battery then everything is normal again. Does anybody know of a fix without having to send it in to Snap-on, Thanks
It would be best to call the diagnostic support center and let them troubleshoot the problem.
Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:36 PM

greasybob You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

I have the problem of my Edge locking up too from time to time. I think it's mostly after switching vehicles and I think it might have something to do with not closing out the first vehicle.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:56 AM

lrparks Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

you may be right i know with the zeus you have to ciose out of the vehicle your working on before disconnecting it or you will have problems
Old 09-20-2019, 08:40 PM

GypsyR Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

My Edge is still on 17.4 and I haven't seen the issue. But now that you mention it, the up to date shop Zeus has locked up twice just as you describe. It gets used a lot more than my Edge though. (Same hardware)