Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SamuraiLincoln
    • Jan 2009

GM DTC check, in all modules

I have a Verus Pro running 13.2 software. Is there a way to pull all codes from all modules in a GM like the Tech II is able to?

I've looked in the Verus but figured I'd as before completely giving in to using the Tech II for this.

Thanks.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

No unfortunately, there isn't I wish there was for all makes. Verus will do it for VW's and a few others.

Comment

• hefaus
      • Dec 2007

Yes

The MaxiSys by Autel can. Amazing Scanner. Totally pleased with it. Keep Smiling.

Comment

• eddiesverus
        • Dec 2008

Yes It sucks, I've been asking for this feature now for a while and I've noticed that Snap-On don't seem to care, Why I have no Idea?
        Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• transporter
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by badcoupe
          No unfortunately, there isn't I wish there was for all makes. Verus will do it for VW's and a few others.
          Actually, it won't do it for VW's. I have the same issue, it's not suitable for VAG vehicles. I don't know how they can get away with that. The scope module is not that good either, they left out the ohms graphing feature, so you cant's graph the resistance.

This might be my last snap-on scanner that I've bought. The Picoscope will give me a better scope and there are many good scanners on the market at the fraction of the cost what snap-on want's for theirs.

I shouldn't have bought Verus Pro.

Comment

• badcoupe
            • Jan 2011

Some vw's do in expert mode it does it on my wife's 06 passat 2.0T since this thread I've had a 05 beetle and 04 jetta that it didn't do. Perhaps the update did away with it?

Comment

• derktins
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by hefaus
              The MaxiSys by Autel can. Amazing Scanner. Totally pleased with it. Keep Smiling.

The Autel MaxiSys will NOT pull all codes from a GM vehicle. It will for pretty much every other make though. I had hoped when we traded in the DS708 for the MaxiSys that an "all module scan" would be available on GM cars, but it didn't happen.

The MaxiSys and DS708 are good tools, but not perfect. They have strength where Snappy tools are weak, and they are weak where snappy tools are strong, which makes having both an ideal choice.

Comment

• sbreland73
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by derktins

The MaxiSys and DS708 are good tools, but not perfect. They have strength where Snappy tools are weak, and they are weak where snappy tools are strong, which makes having both an ideal choice.
                I second that.
                S. Breland

Comment

• phill57
                  • Oct 2007

All Module DTC Scan/Clear

Originally posted by SamuraiLincoln
                  I have a Verus Pro running 13.2 software. Is there a way to pull all codes from all modules in a GM like the Tech II is able to?

I've looked in the Verus but figured I'd as before completely giving in to using the Tech II for this.

Thanks.
                  We have been asking for this for years! Actually I really am beginning to believe that Snap-On just doesn't care. Have a look at this video I recorded of an 07 Tahoe network scan. 50 codes in 25 controllers! First off Snappy will only access 17 of these controllers anyways. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExG_pz3qNP4 Any idea how long it would take to go into each module and read/clear codes?

This is an absolute must have feature and while at it all module code clear. I guess it's time to spend money on something better.

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
                    We have been asking for this for years! Actually I really am beginning to believe that Snap-On just doesn't care. Have a look at this video I recorded of an 07 Tahoe network scan. 50 codes in 25 controllers! First off Snappy will only access 17 of these controllers anyways. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExG_pz3qNP4 Any idea how long it would take to go into each module and read/clear codes?

This is an absolute must have feature and while at it all module code clear. I guess it's time to spend money on something better.
                    Yes, quite a case has been made for this and many other features, as well as the return of many features outright taken away from us. Starting with the 10.4 release, they have proven they don't care by my definition. In fact it's almost like someone high in the company is deliberately trying to drive away their customer base or make them angry. If so, It worked
                    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• eightdancinghammers
                      • May 2012

i am not a snap-on hater. i am happy with my verus overall. i love the integration of scope/scanner/internet, wireless scanner,road testing PID's in a contiuous buffer. but......
                      i am continually amazed at the lack of GM features especialy the lack of coverage of non-powertrain modules. i know that no aftermarket tool can do everything that he OEM does but this is GM. i understand limited coverage the eurotrash cars or the uncommonstuff but GM? after paying $900.00 for a verus update that still can't get me into a good customer's caddy modules i'm thinking that skipping the next two updates will pay for a tech2. maybe in the future snap on an cater to the needs of a customer with selective updates. i would pay full update price for an all module enhanced GM package but not so much for Fiat or Smart.
                      thank you PHIL57 for posting the link! when guys like you demonstrate things like this in a real world appication it is a huge help to the rest of us who have questions about scan tools that sales brochures will NEVER answer.

Comment

Working...