Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BRIAN617
    • Dec 2016

CAM, CAM, CRANK CORRELATION 06 Maxima

Anyone have a screen shot of a known good cam(x2)/crank correlation during cranking to verify engine timing for a 2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5?

No start, no spark.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Did you make sure it still reading the immobilizer key properly and not a NATS concern. I just had a guy with an 06 Rogue with a proximity key that did not work until he put key in some slot and tried it.

Comment

• BRIAN617
      • Dec 2016

From the all knowing interwebs of just ask google, the security issue has been brought up. I thought it best to scope the signals together and try to verify harmony. Car came in with battery in floorboard. I'll see what the Modis has to say on the security end.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Like TPMS sensors , I Imagine proximity keys have a limited battery lifespan too.

Comment

• BRIAN617
          • Dec 2016

Security light flashes key off, KOEO security light goes out. No security pids via Modis, no codes in any module.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

You could always purchase a premium membership to IATN which I think might give you access to a large data base of known good wave forms.
            I find it helpful to verify cam and crank signal pid , rpm data via scanner , then pull an easy plug and check compression on one cylinder , then if compression ok and plug shows no mechanical damage put it back in and do a relative compression test with an amp probe off the battery cable. It always helps to put some oil in the crankcase on them oil thirsty V6 Infinity and Nissan Turds, if you wipe the stick and don't see some.

Comment

• Harley Mike
              • Jan 2014

Im posting 2 images 1 is bad.

The other is a good 1, its from a 4.0 litre but it has the same correlation as the 3.5.

I prefer to see the falling edge in the open area, but over time they stretch a bit, the good pic had no codes, or starting issues.and ran fine.

Do you have a file to post?
              Attached Files

Comment

• tomhuynh
                • Oct 2011

in general .. when the timing chain is not in the time. The INT/V TIMING will be way off.. spec is +- 5 degrees.. i forgot what values they were like at 25 -30 degree when the chain is off enough to make it not start.

Comment

• BRIAN617
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by tomhuynh

in general .. when the timing chain is not in the time. The INT/V TIMING will be way off.. spec is +- 5 degrees.. i forgot what values they were like at 25 -30 degree when the chain is off enough to make it not start.
                  Thanks for the picture. Although I had already pulled pan and was full of plastic chain guide and metal. Out of time, crank/no start, and front three cylinders had good compression.

Comment

• BRIAN617
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Harley Mike

The other is a good 1, its from a 4.0 litre but it has the same correlation as the 3.5.

I prefer to see the falling edge in the open area, but over time they stretch a bit, the good pic had no codes, or starting issues.and ran fine.

Thanks for the screen shots. Mine looked like the top picture. Pulled pan, full of timing guides.

Comment

• BRIAN617
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Harley Mike

Replaced with used engine now my running engine is much closer to the first picture, albeit the rear cam is a little late, stretched chain I'm sure. thanks again for the help!

Have a picture, just too stupid to resize it...

Comment

• BRIAN617
                        • Dec 2016

scope pic
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...