01 chevy cavalier mode 6 can or class 2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ephratah service center
    I have a snap on smoke machine and attempted to smoke vehicle the other day when fuel tank was down to 1/8 of a tank to check the filler neck and rest of the system and can not get any smoke to come out of filler neck with the cap off I see pressure in tank rise on the scanner but can not get any smoke to come out of filler tube.
    I tried to purge and seal at 50% and the tank pressure voltage went to 2.06 and the tank pressure mmHG went to 5.10. You say that it should go to a - number and I am seeing a no minus sign in front of number so I assume this is an indication of pressure and not vacuum.
    How can vacuum applied to a tank read as pressure?
    I have talked to my sales rep today about getting shop key.
    When the fuel tank pressure Voltage goes UP, the fuel tank pressure mmHG goes down. What happens to the 2 parameters if you disconnect the fuel tank electrical connector at the tank?
    Try disconnecting the vent solonoid hose at the back and apply your smoke again. If smoke doesn't come out, something is blocked.

Comment

• ephratah service center
      • Oct 2007

I pulled filler neck loose from tank and where the filler neck hooks to tank is a check valve in it so it will only work under vacuum. I smoked the filler neck and have no leaks. I have smoked the complete system from front to back and have no leaks.
      Also I have been unable to get the monitor for the 02s to run. The heater part of it has run do not know if these 2 are related.
      Does the evap have to run prior to the 02s running or 02s have to run prior to evap running?

Comment

• ephratah service center
        • Oct 2007

Got EVAP monitor to run this morning by starting car cold let idle for 3 minutes and then going to 3% throttle until I saw the vent valve sart to cycle as soon as I saw vent valve start to cycle went on test run and monitor for evap completed with in about 5 miles.

Comment

Working...