Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aznpeng
    • Dec 2013

Verus reading data problem.

I just bought a used snap on verus, 13.4 software yesterday. Everything seems fine except the live data is not keep up, for example, when I just select live data on "RPM on engine“, the change of the RPM shows up very very slow, it could not even keep up with the RPM as i rev the engine. Anyone knows what is the issue with this one?Thanks.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

It depends on the vehicle you are scanning. Some vehicles in certain data groups have some many PIDS that the fresh rate is very slow. Try making a custom data list with only a few PIDS and see if the refresh rate improves. If you need some training on the tool try this link

Steve

Comment

• aznpeng
      • Dec 2013

I did select only one data but it's also too slow, does it have anything to do with the wireless scan module?

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

It shouldn't. Which Verus do you have and please post Vehicle year make model and engine size. I have a 1st Gen Verus with the S3 module and with a custom data list I don't have a problem

Steve

Comment

• aznpeng
          • Dec 2013

On the case it says EEMS323,i am not sure which gen for my verus, but my wireless scan module is S2. I have tried to read the RPM data on 2013 Subaru wrx 2.5 turbo 4 door, 1999 Toyota camry 2.2, 2005 Lexus Rx330. All of the reading is very slow and cant keep up with the RPM. Thanks

Comment

• impostor
            • Jun 2012

99% sure its not a Verus problem. Subarus are the slowest computers I've ever worked with. I worked at the dealer till 2010 and even the OE scan tool was really slow. Toyotas aren't the quickest either.

Comment

Working...