Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • transporter
    • Jun 2012

VAG software

The Verus Pro can't scan all the control units for fault codes and is basically not usable when you need to do a quick scan. It's quite time consuming if you have to scan 27 or more control units manually for fault codes.
    I wouldn't expect that from the premium scan tool.

Is Snap-On considering to fix that in the next software update?
  • Foden
    • Mar 2011

hope so

I hope so have just got a verus pro uk upgraded from a solus ultra and quickscan was in that on 13.4 this verus is 13.4 also but only had it on a older golf so far and must admit there was no quickscan on there ummmmm
    might be worth a call to tech see whats what ;-)

Comment

• transporter
      • Jun 2012

The Australian help desk wasn't much helpful at all and I didn't get impression that they would even try to improve it.

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Hey Guys...the All-Module-Scan is something the rest of us have been asking SnapOn for, for a couple of years.

You "new" guys (less than 100 posts here) really do help to get these kinds of ideas across to the people who make the decisions regarding what gets dealt with and what doesn't.

The GM Tech-II will do it, and other scan tools as well.
        It really IS IMPORTANT that all modules be at least investigated because who knows how the engineers who built the vehicles may have, or have not, linked one function in one module with an entirely different module-???

That's why they put the "all module scan" in their OE tools in the first place and it really can chew up a whole bunch of time looking into each and every module individually.

GLAD you guys posted.

Comment

• Foden
          • Mar 2011

rang uk scan lines

range uk scan lines yesterday and asked if it was there for code scan in verus told yes on CAN based so 2005 onwards but on the 52 2002 vw golf I had tried wouldn't have that option ?
          need to try it on a newer model and report back on here

Comment

• transporter
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Foden
            range uk scan lines yesterday and asked if it was there for code scan in verus told yes on CAN based so 2005 onwards but on the 52 2002 vw golf I had tried wouldn't have that option ?
            need to try it on a newer model and report back on here
            It doesn't scan all ECUs for fault codes. I've tried on many new and newer VWs.

Comment

• crackerclicker
              • May 2008

I know my response isn't very helpful to your original post, but have you considered picking up the very inexpensive RossTech tool? It's worth way more than what they're selling it for.

Comment

• transporter
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by crackerclicker
                I know my response isn't very helpful to your original post, but have you considered picking up the very inexpensive RossTech tool? It's worth way more than what they're selling it for.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html
                I have the VCDS from RossTech and also Autologic for all VAG cars. But, I'd like to be able to use my VerusPro on VAG vehicles. Which currently is not very practical when it doesn't scan for all codes. Surely, it brings up the question, where else the Snap-On took shortcuts? It's maybe a good unit for some brands out there, but I'm finding more and more bugs within and starting to regret my purchase.

Comment

• paulthepilot
                  • Oct 2012

Horses for course's,RossTech VCDS is excellent for VAG and Virus does autoscan later CAN cars.

Comment

• TurboJim
                    • Jan 2007

Snappy's VAG used to be great. Now its all but useless for the guys like me who don't know the channels etc by heart for expert mode. I bought VCDS instead.
                    Jim Testa
                    Senior Technician
                    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
                    Dover, NJ

Comment

• badcoupe
                      • Jan 2011

I agree I had vcds until the cable laptop and all was stolen! I know some vw's will autoscan but not all. If you know the measuring blocks then expert is great, but it can be tedious. I was able to disable TPMS on my wife's car though with the verus which was great, rocking aftermarket 18" wheels and didn't get the sensors for them. The rosstech wiki page has some great info on blocks etc for vw's.

Comment

• pmcpherson
                        • Jan 2014

it would be nice to have it on there my autel does it my tech 2 does it so why not my 11k verus?????

Comment

• badcoupe
                          • Jan 2011

Just checked tonight on my wife's 06 BPY passat. After going into vehicle selection mode once I get through entering the car the scanner does a auto check and only the modules the car has, then at the top left it says scan codes next to engine management trans etc, click this it then does an all module scan just like vcds.

Comment

• transporter
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by badcoupe
                            Just checked tonight on my wife's 06 BPY passat. After going into vehicle selection mode once I get through entering the car the scanner does a auto check and only the modules the car has, then at the top left it says scan codes next to engine management trans etc, click this it then does an all module scan just like vcds.
                            Yes, it does on some but most of them it doesn't. Also the information in some pids have the wrong units. Very often it fails to communicate with our 2008 V6 TDI Touareg. The first I thought it could be just that one car that the Verus doesn't want to communicate with, but I've tried it on another 2 Touareg of the same age and it was the same. The VCDS is simply faster and 100% reliable at the fraction of the cost.

Comment

• paulthepilot
                              • Oct 2012

Don't quote me on this but I was told Snap Off back engineered VCDS software for the Verus and how true it is I don't know but it came from a good source,My opinion they should have left it alone.

They boast about autoscan on 13.4 but not for everything,VCDS is much better.

Comment

Working...