X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donminor
    • Jan 2014

1988 dodge Dakota Verus with not cummicate

I'm lost on this?

I have checked all the wiring to the diagnostics connector and all are good and pin out OK. I done this twice now.

I have checked all fuses also done twice.

Still when I try to pull the codes it will not connect.

I know the computer is working because the truck runs and is drivable. Plus I can use the key and get the flash code out of it.

But I am have trouble with the on acceleration. because the check engine light keeps coming on. Flash codes with key keeps say ERG but I have replaced it 3 times now and it works for about 3 months and start acting up again.

But my problem is I should be able to connect the scan to the truck so maybe I can get a little deep into what happening.

I talk to Snap-on about this and there best answer was buy another update. I shouldn't have to up date to hook to something this old. I mean come on guys, this is old school and the software shouldn't had to be upgraded, just to connect to read trouble codes and watch data.

I spent 10,000 and got all the software up to 2010 when I got it. Asian, European and domestic. It should connect to the old truck with no problem.

Very unhappy with the answer I got form them on this. Could someone please tell me is there someone that can fix this problem without spend another $500 and it still may not work.
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Can't connect to Dodge

Not to insult you at all but since you're using an OBD1 connector, did you connect the 12 volt feed to the side of the data connector?

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...