Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • treeboy
    • May 2013

old wireless or the new pro

hi im looking in to get a verus, my dealer has the older wireless and the new pro verus at over twice the price, so i looking for view to which is worst the money,

What do you guys think, is it (the pro ) just shiney and new, faster, and lighter, better?

What are the pro and cons to the older wireless?

The wireless would be running 14.6 as would the pro i(n afew week or so)

Be looking at what been talked about adding ram and ssd's? ???????

I just want the all in one i has the solur pro and the vanage pro running 13.2

looking for real peoples views who use them day to day not dealers views

So what do you think?..

Thanks for yout time and help
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by treeboy
    hi im looking in to get a verus, my dealer has the older wireless and the new pro verus at over twice the price, so i looking for view to which is worst the money,

What do you guys think, is it (the pro ) just shiney and new, faster, and lighter, better?

What are the pro and cons to the older wireless?

The wireless would be running 14.6 as would the pro i(n afew week or so)

Be looking at what been talked about adding ram and ssd's? ???????

I just want the all in one i has the solur pro and the vanage pro running 13.2

looking for real peoples views who use them day to day not dealers views

So what do you think?..

Thanks for yout time and help
    Their scanning and scope abilities are about equal - no software advantage.
    That said, the pro is lighter, should have better processor / ram
    has a thumbpad or directional keys for the times the touchscreen won't quite do, and you can separate the scope module from the main unit and use the long usb cord that comes with it which helps solve the problems of too short test leads. There is also a worlds better docking station available for it which I would recommend if you bought a pro.
    You will have to decide for yourself if the advantages I mentioned are worth the extra money to YOU or if the older Verus would do just fine.
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

My reservation on the older model would be that with future updates and ever expanding capabilities will the hardware be up to the task say in 2 or 3 years without a ram and or hd update?

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by badcoupe
        My reservation on the older model would be that with future updates and ever expanding capabilities will the hardware be up to the task say in 2 or 3 years without a ram and or hd update?
        Actually as far as obsolescence goes, both these will have problems to contend with at nearly the same time. Kind of a memory and/or operating system dilemma. If I am correct, either unit has only 1 memory slot. XP can only see 3 gb memory max. There are no 3gb memory sticks, therefore you have a 2gb max
        in either unit. Now if you go with 32 bit Windows 7, you can raise that max to
        4gb, assuming you can find a compatable 4gb stick and the scanner hardware was designed to support it. I seriously doubt either scanner will support 64 bit Windows 7, and you probably wouldn't want that anyway because lack of compatability with older automotive software and hardware you may use.
        Xp will do fine for years to come if you are just scanning and scoping with the Snap On software. The problems will come to those getting on the internet or wishing to run newer resource hungry automotive software.

Snap On will be facing some very interesting tough choices on their flagship scanners in the very near future. I don't envy them.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

I like the fact that the Verus Pro is much lighter, and the battery performance is about the same as the wireless one. However I like the screen on the wireless on better because I can view more PIDS at one time with it.

Play with both of them to see what you like about them yourself. For me, I think I would have to go for the wireless one if it was half the price. Your preferences might move you to make a different decision though. A buddy of mine moved to the newer platform just because of the weight. Someone on here once said the old Verus would put his legs to sleep if he had it in his lap.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• treeboy
            • May 2013

Thank you guys im hope to get one to demo shorty so it be in my lap soon
            Thanks again

Comment

Working...