X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I hate raising cars by foor jack

Why is it that High End Car companies think that their Sh@tty flat bottom Farignueggy uni body cars are always going to get lifted properly and precisely supported by a four point lift and that the rubber or plastic lifting blocks to align the lifting pads or lifting Peg Holes will still be usable in 5 or 10 years, and there is no longer any thing provided inboard of rocker that resembles a box section of flooring under the undercarriage strong enough you can place a damn floor jack with a 2x4 to raise entire side of the car and place the jack stands under the proper support points anymore. There are many guys out there that don't have patience for the Farfignueggen BS and if someone seems to loose a few inches of head room or their seat has a Teutonic tilt toward their mate, Oh Well, guess they should have put a box section of sheet metal found on most cheap GM and Chryslers that Gomer jacks on on your Hi end Euro Turd ( and some Sh@tty Hondas) 2
    Last edited by Witsend; 05-14-2018, 08:37 AM.
  • jables2006
    • Dec 2015

yup, agreed. not a fan of having to drive onto 2x6's just to fit onto my hoist either. trialsoflife.

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

My best guess so far is that either German engineers despise mechanics or just don't want people to work on their cars. How else do you explain stuff like lug bolts instead lug studs? "Hey! Let's annoy every tire guy on the planet! Why? Because we're German, it's what we do."

Comment

• jables2006
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by GypsyR
        My best guess so far is that either German engineers despise mechanics or just don't want people to work on their cars. How else do you explain stuff like lug bolts instead lug studs? "Hey! Let's annoy every tire guy on the planet! Why? Because we're German, it's what we do."
        You win the internet today my friend

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

THAT put a smile on my face-!!
          Both true AND funny.
          "It's what we do"....

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

You would think for a country with some of the brightest minds in the world that built some of the toughest tanks and battleships during the war , that their D@mn High end cars would have some sort of Super Structure built into the under carriage of their cars to be able to withstand being jacked up safely by Gomer with a Harbor Freight Jack.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Just watched a you tube video that make sense about why European cars use wheel bolts instead of studs and lug nuts. Just Basically cheaper and less material required for them to produce.

Comment

• GypsyR
                • Jul 2017

That whole video was just some guy sitting in a garage with zero evidence of anything just flapping his jaws.

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

That whole video was just some guy sitting in a garage with zero evidence of anything just flapping his jaws.
                  You mean U-tube ISN'T the authority on auto repairs-???
                  Tell me it ain't so-!!

As for the "it's what we do".... had a V-dub in last week. Instead of their infamous six sided allen wrench bolt, on the rear caliper brackets, they now use a 12 sided "triple square" so the corners can rust out even easier....
                  Brilliant.....

Comment

Working...