Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

Program Chrysler PCM

I have 08 Charger 3.5 V-6. Need PCM replaced for internal short problem. Can we program Chrysler PCM's now? I am sure it"s more than just reflash. Do we need Skim Pin, or key fobs? I haven't done one in over 2 years because of J2534 can issues. Any odometer issues?
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

If you get it new, I can honestly tell you that I personally have had a few bad flashing errors or I couldn't do it unless it was the original tool. The ones I have been able to do with a Snap-on PTP, I had to finish programming using a snap-on diagnostic tool. Older models, easy to do. Good Luck!

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

I did an 09 Dodge 1500 truck 5.7 about a month ago, no problems. As far as anti theft goes, write the VIN and that should be good. Might have to set the pinion factor.

Comment

• jm43130
        • Apr 2008

I did try this, was able to download application, but was never able to download calibration files. kept getting error that "user had not authorized applet" and would stop download. It had me download Java 8, and then in Chrysler support , it said there were known problems with Java 8 and to add exception to Java security tab, which I did. But it still won't download flash files. I have a I.T. guy coming this morning to see if he can figure it out. WIsh I hadn't updated to Java 8, should have kept Java 7. The onlt good thing is, I haven't installed new pcm yet, so dealer said they would take it back.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

I think that I had uninstall the current version of JAVA and install version 7 update 21. You can find old versions online. I also was using windows 7

Comment

• jm43130
            • Apr 2008

I found DRewtech Toolbox 3 info, they recommended Java 8, version 45. I completely removed Chrysler J2534 and all Java applications, restarted my laptop , which is Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit. Used Toolbox 3 Chrysler info document , installed Java 8 . 45. Setup Java and set exception for Chrysler info into security tab of Java. Did a clean install of Chrysler J2534. Restarted laptop again, and still could not download flash files. error permission not granted for applet. Will not download. I give up, sent to dealer. At least I didn't even get to try and flash new PCM and maybe ruin it. Dealer took PCM back.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. I messed around for quite awhile before I got the last one to down load successfully. I thought it was just me. I tried 3 different computers with different operating systems and different versions of Java before it worked. Then once I got the download I researched some more and figured out how to flash a used Chrysler PCM into different vehicle. Here's some screen shots of what I did. Follow the path on the header bar in the first shot to find your file, then open it with word pad. Then find the last place in the text where the calibration file number is and change to the file number of your used PCM, then save it back to your files. Then try the flash. The j2534 process is frustrating because there is still very little support out there. I stick to the domestics mostly. My son is an I.T. wiz but gets annoyed if ask him to help too much.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

My son is an I.T. wiz but gets annoyed if ask him to help too much.
                Lol, sounds familiar. I told my son that they have no business allowing anyone to write software code until they've got the equivalent of a Geek Squad Degree mastered all the ins and outs of Windows support and have a good handle on the hardware end of things.Getting him to help sometimes is like trying to pull teeth .

Comment

• NoellEagan
                  • Oct 2017

Hi..i am a new user here. I have had a few bad flashing errors or I couldn't do it unless it was the original tool. The ones I have been able to do with a Snap-on PTP, I had to finish programming using a snap-on diagnostic tool.

turnkey pcb
                  Last edited by NoellEagan; 03-13-2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• jleming
                    • May 2014

Chrysler progrmming

I just call Chrysler support (913) 856-6678 they’ll remote into your computer and set everything up for you.they will even help you through the programming process if need be.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

I just call Chrysler support (913) 856-6678 they’ll remote into your computer and set everything up for you.they will even help you through the programming process if need be.
                      Very Cool, so when they pick up the phone you kinda want to sound like you might belong on The Special Olympics Decathlon Squad so they figure it would take less time to just take over remotely and set it up , then to try and explain to you how to do it?

Comment

• jleming
                        • May 2014

Chrysler Programming

Or you can do this.Uninstall all versions of Java first. Download Java 8 update 121 for 32 bit systems even if you have a 64bit computer(64bit Java does not work with techauthority) Install Java 8 120. once installed, add "https://techauthorityonline.extra.chrysler.c om"to the exception site list in the security section of the Java control panel. open techauthority and try to download files again. you should get a Java pop up asking for permission. agree to the permission request and try to download the file again. you should see a pinwheel and then a files downloaded successfully message displayed. If you don't get a Java pop up when you 1st attempt the download, make sure you have disabled any pop-up or anti-virus software(including Windows Defender) If flash files are successfully downloaded, a folder named Low will be created. You can find the folder at C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Temp\Low

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

Chrysler Programming

Or you can do this.Uninstall all versions of Java first. Download Java 8 update 121 for 32 bit systems even if you have a 64bit computer(64bit Java does not work with techauthority) Install Java 8 120. once installed, add "https://techauthorityonline.extra.chrysler.c om"to the exception site list in the security section of the Java control panel. open techauthority and try to download files again. you should get a Java pop up asking for permission. agree to the permission request and try to download the file again. you should see a pinwheel and then a files downloaded successfully message displayed. If you don't get a Java pop up when you 1st attempt the download, make sure you have disabled any pop-up or anti-virus software(including Windows Defender) If flash files are successfully downloaded, a folder named Low will be created. You can find the folder at C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Temp\Low
                          Thanks, That's good information to know. Have to rant, that it seems kind of ridiculous for High tech automobile companies on the cutting edge of performance and concerned about car security and hacking , at the same time to do the programming on their cars requires downgrading to an earlier OS, using Internet Explorer version ?, an earlier version of Java, disabling Firewall and anti virus protection. That is a security risk to our important information and might cause issues with other programs you run on the laptop that require newer version of Java in 64 bit. I remember Windows 7 had XP mode and wish I could just tell Windows 10 Whoretana to just open a File or program in Old Sh@t Mode and everything just be backward compatible with a few selections and work off Windows 10. Almost seems like you need to dedicate $ to hunt and find old working rare windows 7 Pro 32 bit laptop for each make of car you plan to J box program with because the programs often can't co-exist together on the same laptop.
                          Last edited by Witsend; 10-10-2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...