Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aajim@hotmail.com
    • May 2015

Ignition Probes

I just bought a Verdict at a can't pass it up price. I bought A OTC 3480F of ebay that did not work well or for very long. My Question is If I can buy an adapter from aeswave or someone to adapt the ignition probes that came with the OTC it has One BNC end , and a banana plug on the trigger pick up. Will this work with the scope. Not sure the attenuation on the either pick up?
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by aajim@hotmail.com
    I just bought a Verdict at a can't pass it up price. I bought A OTC 3480F of ebay that did not work well or for very long. My Question is If I can buy an adapter from aeswave or someone to adapt the ignition probes that came with the OTC it has One BNC end , and a banana plug on the trigger pick up. Will this work with the scope. Not sure the attenuation on the either pick up?
    It can be hard to know without trying. There are a couple of competing technologies out there for ignition pickups. As well as attenuation problems, you have capacitive or inductive probes that won't work on ignition scopes not designed for them.
    Youll have to balance the cost of experimenting with the cost of the correct probes.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• aajim@hotmail.com
      • May 2015

I tried the inductive probe that is used for the trigger on the OTC it made a signal. I was trying a relative compression test but only have spark wire to sinc off of. It seemed to work sort of. I still need to adapt the other pick up to try it but I think it should at least give a wave form. Don't really need scale to do most ignition stuff.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Nice Find

Now that folk can buy Competitor Maxi Sys Pros for well under 3G you can now snag great deals on a used SO Verdict or Verus cheap enough where it makes sense to buy a used higher end Snap On scanner with the built in scope feature versus buying a Maxi Sys new and then buying the optional add on oscilloscope. The J2534 programmer of the Maxi Sys Pro is still too much of a hit or miss proposition anyway for me to justify the higher cost of updating one
        Last edited by Witsend; 06-15-2015, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...