X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Thought I bricked an 06 Acura TL ABS module with Port Freight 08

I did rear pads and rotors on an 06 Acura TL that had a TPMS light on , and decided to do an Auto scan. After the lengthy wait the port freight 08 requires to load the Acura software, I did the auto scan and I went into the modules one by one to read the codes.I decided to see what functions were offered in ABS, VSC , and saw something listed Neutral Calibration and decided to see to see what the function was for . Was it for a PRNDL , MLPS check or what? I click on the function and it gives instructions that sound like a PITA for something I don't want to bother with , but no option to back out, escape, or cancel, just the option to click ok. Not wanting to click the home screen tab and start over from scratch to load vehicle software again, I clicked the ok and then I was able to return to the auto scan results and select quick erase and clear codes. After I cleared all the codes I have a orange triangle with an exclamation mark. The VSC light comes on after driving half a block and the ABS now has a code 84-1 that it did not have before that I now cannot erase .Figured my port freight 08 just bricked the module.Late in the evening I advise my customer to return after I get my hands on another replacement module. A little internet search and it's probably just a matter of following through with the Neutral calibration function I exited out of that likely cleared the settings of VSC sensor. Here is what I found related to code 84-1. The TPMS light problem was unrelated and cause is no tire pressure sensor in one of the wheels.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 02-14-2016, 09:24 PM.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Hope you get it straightened out!
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

this help ?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Thanks Bob

It looks like 06 the same for 04 process. I do have it coming back in a few weeks to do a transmission fluid change with full Syn Valvoline Maxlife. I want to disconnect transmission cooler hoses to purge more than 3 qts it can drain and fill .The hoses I see I think are only coolant hoses running to a transmission warmer at top of trans. Is my only option is to drain and fill 3 qts start and idle it a minute or two, drain it again , and repeat as a 3x3 process ? I'm thinking of possibly getting a couple new seal orings, and pull the trans warmer off top of trans and rig some thing and remote crank starter and see what comes out where, and see whether it will be the old brown ATF from the torque converter or just the fresh stuff from the sump I just filled.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
          Snap-on D&I
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Witsend
          Not wanting to click the home screen tab and start over from scratch to load vehicle software again, I clicked the ok and then I was able to return to the auto scan results and select quick erase and clear codes. After I cleared all the codes I have a orange triangle with an exclamation mark. The VSC light comes on after driving half a block and the ABS now has a code 84-1 that it did not have before that I now cannot erase .Figured my port freight 08 just bricked the module.Late in the evening I advise my customer to return after I get my hands on another replacement module. A little internet search and it's probably just a matter of following through with the Neutral calibration function I exited out of that likely cleared the settings of VSC sensor.
          The information on the Neutral position relearn can be found in the Snap-on scanner in the Troubleshooter.
          The tip for clearing codes also states the relearn should be run after clearing the codes.
          The procedure can also be found on the ABS system menu under ABS-VSA Unit Replacement procedure.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Anyone flush a Honda 5 spd BDGA from the warmer ports?

The information on the Neutral position relearn can be found in the Snap-on scanner in the Troubleshooter.
            The tip for clearing codes also states the relearn should be run after clearing the codes.
            The procedure can also be found on the ABS system menu under ABS-VSA Unit Replacement procedure.
            Yesterday 07:23 AM
            Thanks, I now figure the quick erase clearing all the auto scan codes cleared the VSC sensor learned values. In a few weeks when she returns I will need to find a nice level place to park the TL to do it. I think i will mess with that after I clear Codes I might generate after a trans service. In a few weeks. I want to Change a small cartridge filter and will attempt to purge flush old torque converter fluid out of the holes at top of trans where the warmer sits rather than repeating several drain and fills that mix and waste new fluid. I know the ID of the 2 passages of the warmer are .583" but not sure the ID of the case passages be the same ID. I want to run a purge hose into something and quickly determine if clean or new stuff comes out, but maybe someone already tried and knows if the brand new fluid or the old converter stuff will eject and save me the time . I'm aware Honda has already superseded the ATF specs for ATF-Z1 to DW-1. Max Life Full synthetic will have to do.
            "If there's a will , There's gotta be a Rube Goldberg way"(Apollo 13 Get Er Done)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Witsend; 02-17-2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I was not able to successfully perform the nuetral position relearn with aPort Freight 08. Read something about some Rube Goldberg method jumping pin 4 to pin 9 with a paperclip, pushing VSA button , doing this or that while balancing a beer, etc and decided against doing it.lol
              As for flushing out trans, the rest the dirty,(hot) fluid in converter after a drain and fill. No need to pull the trans warmer off. Pull the Air cleaner box assy to access and remove Banjo bolt # 15 from cover #10(don't loose washers) Overfill the trans more than what came out. Start the car with the Banjo bolt out The filthy fluid comes out of the threaded hole in the filter cover.You will likely make a mess , but it's worth getting all the old **** purged out , and makes more sense than a 3 separate 3qt drain and fills that have more co mixing

This forum is intended for general discussions that would relate specifically to our US members. Others may join in but please stay on topic.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                • Apr 2011

Yes, you have to jump those 2 pins and then it's a 10 second reset. Have done a ton already. Also, snap-on scanner has the option to do the pin jumping automatically(I forget the option), not sure about the tool ur using. Then again, it's a 10 second procedure. Good luck!
                Last edited by ToltecasChavez; 06-04-2016, 08:04 AM. Reason: it's Called SCS mode on the Snap-on Scanners

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Code 84-1 2006 Acura RL

Had a 2006 Acura RL recently I cleared codes and Neutralized the sensors (Steering angle and Yaw angle zeroed out ok)just fine with a scan tool, so there was no need to mess with paper clip and jumping connector to do procedure.
                  Think the Acura TL last year just had a bad Yaw Sensor. The Honda Hillbilly says "Yaw Comeback now ya fear"
                  Last edited by Witsend; 10-02-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...