Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

selling someone else's software ? I think it's called piracy.
    Making vehicles so that a used salvage yard modules from one beater wont work in the another same model year beater with the same software and forcing you to buy a new module or a j box with a sub to be able to edit a vin # and edit some coding on it to work or having it to tow it to a Stealership isn't OE Thievery either ? I don't have a j2534 , but when I do , I would put the information I get out there in some type of national aftermarket database for Jbox files to help others, I probably would if a database was established and thousands of other folk were doing it.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

NAPSTER for cars. File sharing , maybe LIMEWIRE ?

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

NAPSTER for cars. File sharing , maybe LIMEWIRE ?
        Lol, I wouldn't doubt there is already a huge database established just waiting for the word to go waiting on servers in China for multiple makes of cars. Problem is Chinaman didn't know that the OE's are aware that a lot of information was getting downloaded to certain sites and they probably tossing a lot of nuts and bolts into the information funnels to F@c! things up for the Chinaman, so if I were to risk Jbox files from off the site, it would only be for salvage yard modules for 10 year old beaters

Comment

Working...