Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

Security error, contact snap on representative

Ok, so my secondary Solus, used for US cars, has decided to show the error.
    So I tried reloading the software back to the Solus, which did not have any effect on the problem.
    So, as it is the software that has glitched out, there must be a way to ' unglitch ' the problem.
    Or am I chasing the wrong thought here ?
    Possibly a Snap On agent could give done thoughts here on how I can solve this problem ?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

You will get a much faster response calling the help desk
    (800) 424-7226

Steve

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Steve6911
      You will get a much faster response calling the help desk
      (800) 424-7226

Steve
      Thank you, I think.

But I was hoping for a constructive reply that would talk me through A, why the damn thing did this, and B, how I can solve this by myself.

There is obviously a sensible reason why this ( and probably others too ) has happened to my Solus, and this is why I know it is easily solved, knowing how must be with " someone " on here ' somewhere ' I am certain.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Any time I have seen the security error message it was because someone tried installing a software update that had already been installed on another machine. If that happened, your next move is to call Tech Support.
        If that is not what happened, I don't know why you are getting that error.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Thank you, I think.

But I was hoping for a constructive reply that would talk me through A, why the damn thing did this, and B, how I can solve this by myself.

There is obviously a sensible reason why this ( and probably others too ) has happened to my Solus, and this is why I know it is easily solved, knowing how must be with " someone " on here ' somewhere ' I am certain.
          Did you try referring to this procedure ?

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
            Did you try referring to this procedure ?

http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ad.php?t=12273
            Hi Witsend, yes Thankyou I did indeed, that is the reference to ' reloaded the software ' I mentioned.
            I might just have to contact " the gods above " though, ( Snap On ) in case no ones guessed that ������

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

Check the TIME and DATE on the tool. If it has somehow reverted back to a time in the past, you can get this error.
              S. Breland

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by sbreland73
                Check the TIME and DATE on the tool. If it has somehow reverted back to a time in the past, you can get this error.
                Hi Stacey, yes indeed; I have now looked and the date/time are in error.
                Currently the date/time are at 09/08/37 and 13:31

However, the only thing I can do, when I press the ' yes ' button the scanner word on the screen blinks, but currently there is nothing else I can do.

Is it possible to reset these via an external source ?

If so, this should ? solve this problem.

Thankyou for this help Stacey, much appreciated.

Carlton

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

I would bet a cheeseburger the Date/Time error is the cause of your authorization issue. However I am not certain how to correct it. There may be a button press combination at startup to get to a pre-boot environment, that would allow you to set the date and time. I believe these devices have a small battery for memory (much like a PC has a CMOS battery on the motherboard) and this battery may be dead, causing the date and time to "wander".
                  S. Breland

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by sbreland73
                    I would bet a cheeseburger the Date/Time error is the cause of your authorization issue. However I am not certain how to correct it. There may be a button press combination at startup to get to a pre-boot environment, that would allow you to set the date and time. I believe these devices have a small battery for memory (much like a PC has a CMOS battery on the motherboard) and this battery may be dead, causing the date and time to "wander".
                    Hi Stacey, I agree, but would swap it for a beef or decent size hamburger though, and as I am guessing as these run a ' variation ' of a windows program, I have ordered ( off eBay of course ���� ) an adaptor to fit a usb keyboard plug to hopefully allow me to connect said keyboard and do a CTRL, ALT, DELETE type of thing to shut the Snap On program down, and possibly get to the date/time settings this way and either advance it from 1937 or reduce the years back from 2037 ( less likely I think ) and thus solve said error.
                    You just gotta hope ������

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                      • Jan 2015

Well, after ' some ' experimentation, I have ascertained that by pressing the YES key, and the down section of the four way directional control when I select the power on button, I can " force " a software reload.
                      However, as this is not a cure, I am now needing to find out how to access the Utilities section via a button selection on power up so I can sort this annoying hassle 😎
                      Any Snap On people got the answer or just gonna stay quiet ?

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

I think you would have heard a PIN drop if it hit the floor instead of rolling between the small gap between the case halves of the Solus and fusing to it's MOBO

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                          I think you would have heard a PIN drop if it hit the floor instead of rolling between the small gap between the case halves of the Solus and fusing to it's MOBO
                          Hi Witsend, I am guessing you mean before any Snap On guy will answer 😂😂😂

Comment

• sbreland73
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kirkbarrow.garage
                            Hi Witsend, I am guessing you mean before any Snap On guy will answer 😂😂😂
                            Yea, that guy and his cryptic wording.
                            S. Breland

Comment

• Steve6911
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kirkbarrow.garage
                              Well, after ' some ' experimentation, I have ascertained that by pressing the YES key, and the down section of the four way directional control when I select the power on button, I can " force " a software reload.
                              However, as this is not a cure, I am now needing to find out how to access the Utilities section via a button selection on power up so I can sort this annoying hassle ��

As I stated before call the help desk, that is what they are there for and you would have had your answer already. Most of the time it is too long a procedure to type out. Also the help desk can guide you through the procedure while you are doing it.
                              Last edited by Steve6911; 10-02-2017, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...