X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

11-12 minutes of time wasted versus well spent

Anyone Ever Seen this before with Honda/ Acura charging system?
    What do you think ? Sorry to waste 11-12 minutes of your time

Last edited by Witsend; 10-05-2017, 04:53 PM.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

With a ELD and PCM in the system this is normal

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

With a ELD and PCM in the system this is normal
      Thanks Steve .Didn't have a code 1298. Customer wanted the alternator replaced. An aftermarket reman alternator worked under load but caused check charging and battery lamp to illuminate at times coasting to stop or after stopping at Idle, but never set a p1298. Got a genuine Honda reman Alternator and no more warning message or battery lamp , but voltage would still drop to battery voltage.
      Strange that it allows the charging system to let the voltage at battery to go under 12.4Volts before ramping voltage back up between 13.5 and 14V.

Electrical - Meet your ELD - Electrical Load Detector.... - See this photo: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31309&d=1087674169 This is a photo of the fuse box under the hood, near the battery. The red squared in area is what is referred to as the ELD, or Electrical Load Detector, for our...

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Unfortunately the Generic reman's use Inferior materials for the rebuild.

They sometimes output a dirty signal and cause electrical noise.

I have seen this a few times on Honda's. One car I replaced the alternator 3 times, I had to scope the alternator to show the rebuilder the signal was dirty. We had to get a different supplier for that car to get a good unit and get the car back to the customer. This is the type of thing that usually happens on the customers that need their car back right away.

Other thing I see is People use Generic parts store batteries and don't clean the terminals on the battery or the cable. I have also had to replace a few battery cables that were corroded as well.

Voltage drops can be a real issue on some of these newer cars as well.

Comment

Working...