Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • disonesto
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
    Great deal. I thought the $695 wasn't bad, it looks like they dropped the price. So you want to go from $695 to $2900?

The only explanation financially is payments. Hardware wise, You will be making an excellent decision. You will also get Troubleshooter and Bi-directional control. Plus Euro?. No keys. Touch screen. A very capable tool Good Choice!

Maybe some trade-in value on the Ethos?

NO trade in value on the ethos because its useless without any kinds of software

Question if some has a ethos can they upload a file from there ethos called software?

Software folder has the ethos operating system
    And DATABASE has all the vehicle software

All im asking for is the Software folder that has the operating system not the vehicles data

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
      • Jan 2015

Lost software.

Hi, this may, or may not be useful.
      I have picked up an Ethos with exactly the same problem, just wanted the 93L cable and this came too.
      However, took a backup of my existing Ethos, and tried to restore the non functioning one.
      Said wrong serial number.
      So, looked at the backup file on my computer, it is a .BAK file.
      So tried looking at the file in Notepad++, this reads the first several lines, gave me an activation code and other information, so my theory is to search for the serial number in the non functioning one, and insert this using Notepad++ then resave the file using the serial number from the non functioning one and see if it then works.
      Maybe this idea could help someone else, I am unsure.
      But gotta be worth some effort.
      Right, Since writing this, i have realized the serial number comes up on the screen displayed when this happens, so, it seems to me, if you take the ETHOS.BAK file from a working ethos, find the serial number in the file somewhere ( over 77,000 lines of code ! ) and replace with ' your ' serial number, maybe the backup file would then work :-)
      Last edited by kirkbarrow.garage; 02-06-2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...