Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
    What would be Hilarious is if that failed Scope App on A ChinaCyst tablet actually worked with Flying colors pairing an M2 to it.LMAO
    Maybe Snappy could sell an M2 App software for a windows 10 laptop for $50 a pop to use a M2 as a generic 2 channel oscilloscope and if it works well , sell a Virtual Vantage app software for $500, to give guided component testing , by make and model.
    Something related to this - I have an Autel Maxisys elite that has their videoscope software. I bought one of those cheap $ 10 - 12.00 usb videoscopes
    on ebay and it does work with the existing program on the tool - at least for photos. Not too bad of a picture, either.
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Something related to this - I have an Autel Maxisys elite that has their videoscope software. I bought one of those cheap $ 10 - 12.00 usb videoscopes
      on ebay and it does work with the existing program on the tool - at least for photos. Not too bad of a picture, either.
      Better than nothing I imagine. I know Snap On has to be feeling the competition and budget challenged folk likely are not going to drop big bucks on new Modis Elite or Verus Edge but sell a wireless M2 scope meter you could load a good $50 Snap On Generic Scope program app on a laptop or Android Smart phone that you can mirror to a tv and they probably could sell a lot more M2 scope meters.
      Also sell the final version legacy update software for all discontinued Snap On platforms at a very reasonable price for at least 5 years to slow the Red tide

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
        Better than nothing I imagine. I know Snap On has to be feeling the competition and budget challenged folk likely are not going to drop big bucks on new Modis Elite or Verus Edge but sell a wireless M2 scope meter you could load a good $50 Snap On Generic Scope program app on a laptop or Android Smart phone that you can mirror to a tv and they probably could sell a lot more M2 scope meters.
        Also sell the final version legacy update software for all discontinued Snap On platforms at a very reasonable price for at least 5 years to slow the Red tide
        With their premature planned obsolescence program on their high end tools,
        even the non - cash strapped individuals need to have second thoughts about buying ANY of Snap On's higher end tools because if this happens once, it will happen again, only sooner for as long as they can get away with it. It has been mentioned in the past they should provide their scan and scope software
        along with scan and scope modules and you supply the laptop. I resisted this idea in the past preferring the way the Verus and Verdict was offered, but if they aren't going to support their tools any better than they did the Verus, then it is time to retire the Verus / Verdict program and just sell the software and modules necessary and let the owner choose what type of laptop / tablet to install it on. But none of what you or I have suggested - which are good ideas - will ever be done because it would require the corporate elites to care what their customers need or want which they have proven beyond all doubt they do not.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• jm43130
          • Apr 2008

Wheel, we are both kind of correct. M2 can get single cylinder secondary scope patterns .I use EETA309A05A, secondary coil adapter lead, and then you can use coil adapters from flags in SIA2000 kit , or EETM306A03, which is Ford cop adapter, there are others available also. However you are also correct in that there is no way to use a cylinder sync adapter which uses a VGA 9 pin type connector. I did use Ford COP adapter to perform a load check of coil output and it works perfectly.

Comment

Working...