Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

2012 Equinox engine swap

I have sourced a low mileage salvage 3.0L V6. I intend to swap in replacement engine. Any VVT recalibration or software issues I need to be aware of, or is this just nuts and bolts job? Any suggestions/info greatly appricated. Thank you.
  • BRIAN617
    • Dec 2016

2012 Captiva, CTS, Equinox and Terrain Vin digit 5 RPO LFW all direct fit.

Comment

• Matt
      • Dec 2008

Thank you. I thought this should be plug-N-play job, but wanted to ask first.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Given the reputation of the GM DOHC V6's (3.0 and 3.6) with timing chains, as an added value to the customer you might consider putting a timing kit in the donor engine before installation. Just a thought.

Comment

• Matt
          • Dec 2008

Thank you for the suggestion Bob, I will put some numbers together for timing chain R&R and present them to the customer. I still haven't started this job yet due to quick in and out jobs. I let you guys know how it turns out.

Comment

• Matt
            • Dec 2008

Here's some closure to a stale thread I started. Turns out this was ultimately a successful engine swap. The salvaged engine from the caddy started and ran perfect. Still going strong without any problems. I ended up not replacing the timing chain in the replacement engine due to keeping the estimate low. Thank you everyone for your help.

Comment

Working...