Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • herb@planetarytrans
    • Apr 2012

2011 audi service now message reset

i have an 2011 audi a6 with a service now message. i reset the oil monitor which was very easy. still have a service now message. what i found is that it is a mileage/day type service indicator. the data said that the car had gone 200 miles over the interval. there is no quick reset function for this indicator on the verus. what i was wondering is if there is a way to reset this. i saw that there is a write/read adaptation mode available but i wasnt able to change the adaption value of 365 days. can someone tell/show me how to change the setting or tell me how i go about resetting this indicator?? thank you
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Some resets are in "instrument cluster". Have you checked there yet?

Comment

• herb@planetarytrans
      • Apr 2012

audi mileage/time service interval reset, not the oil interval reset

what i have been finding on other audi's with the same system is that the mileage indicator has been disabled. apparantly in ca, this system is deactivated by the dealership or factory on california sold cars. so maybe they forgot to disable the time interval on this car.i believe the verus has the capability to disable this particular service interval but i havent tried it out as the car is long gone.

Comment

• markt
        • Apr 2011

over here we decrease the service mileage on vw's and others that are set high to around a yearly service or 10,000 miles to help increase engine life as a lot of customers think they are indestructible and never do anything to thier vehicles between servicing
        havent tried the snappy on the vw range as they are a fixed interval reset and cannot be altered unless done through expert mode but unless you know the adaption channel numbers and values to be entered then its a bit tricky and risky as things could quickly go wrong and their could be a few adaption channels that need changing.
        so to be unfair to snapon we use the bosh kts as it allows you to drop the interval or increase it or give it a fixed or flexible service schecule..not sure exactly if it is related to youre problem but just a little info for you or others if it may help.

Comment

• TurboJim
          • Jan 2007

I had an A6 I had to do in expert mode. IP wouldnt ID correctly, so I tried all the choices. One of the choices allowed you to view "maintenance info" There is a mileage and a days. You have to reset both for the service reminder to go off. Well, that was mine, about 2 months ago, and I;m going from my poor memory. If I had the car in front of me I could figure it back out in a few minutes.
          Jim Testa
          Senior Technician
          JD Automotive & Truck Inc
          Dover, NJ

Comment

Working...