Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

98 passat issues

I had a 98 passat in friday that wouldn't communicate any of the modules except the airbag module. ob2 direct wouldn't communicate with the engine either. I went up a year and down a year to no avail. My bluepoint ob2 scanner had no problem communicating with it though. I personally own a 99 passat and I haven't had ant issues communicating with it. Maybe snap-on missed something being that my generic scanner communicated but my verdict wouldn't. Baud rate issue with the wireless module perhaps?
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Your going to need to post more info about the car your working on.

By any chance did this Vehical have the orignal factory radio???

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

yeah still had the factory radio. I know of the issues of the aftermarket wiring. The car was an AEB 1.8T auto. I've had my old mentor on this same car in the past before I got the verdict. Car has cel on with some trans codes stored in it. When I used VAG COM a few years ago I occasionally had to change connection speed of the serial port to get communication with some cars hence why I brought a possible baud rate issue. Car is identical to my personal passat other than mine's an 5 speed and one year newer.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Can you post up the Vin number on the trouble Vehical so that on monday when they start checking these boards they can Log the Issues and attempt to duplicate the problem?

If in fact it is the Baud rate or if something else is causeing the comunication issue, with out a vin they can not track down the root cause.

It may be that VW Tried to use different software or something internal changed in the system... WHO knows... In this field you see some weired things some times...

Comment

Working...