Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autojoe
    • Oct 2012

Tpms tire position relearn

Have 17.4 working on 2008 Chevy trailblazer will it do a tpms tire position relearn with scan tool. I know how to do manually with headlamp switch. Thanks Joe
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I think you can initiate the start of the learning sequence with the scan tool but you need a TPMS tool to activate the sensors one at a time in sequence or manually lower the tire pressures one at a time in sequence

Comment

• autojoe
      • Oct 2012

I just rotated tires and need the computer to know where each tire is. I have been doing it by using the light switch and decreasing air until the horn chirps. I don't know why I do it because I don't have tire pressures on the dlc so if my tpms light comes on due to low tire pressure I don't know which tire and have to check all tire pressures unless there is one obvious tire that is ridiculously low unless I grab my scan tool. Also if a tire sensor goes bad won't know which one is bad due to not knowing the location. Thanks for the reply. I don't have a tpms tool. I read that wells manufacturing has one lots of mechanics use. Thanks again. Joe

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

I just rotated tires and need the computer to know where each tire is. I have been doing it by using the light switch and decreasing air until the horn chirps. I don't know why I do it because I don't have tire pressures on the dlc so if my tpms light comes on due to low tire pressure I don't know which tire and have to check all tire pressures unless there is one obvious tire that is ridiculously low unless I grab my scan tool. Also if a tire sensor goes bad won't know which one is bad due to not knowing the location. Thanks for the reply. I don't have a tpms tool. I read that wells manufacturing has one lots of mechanics use. Thanks again. Joe
        Today 10:58 AM
        Unless you do a lot of TPMS and tire work where you need to be able to program Blank TPMS sensors of multiple brands and not have to pull a scan tool besides to register the new tire positions to other makes of cars ,(like a BarTec or Snap On TPMS3 can) then one of these works fine for your once a week TPMS light diag along with using a capable scan tool. It can even program (only the same brand as the tool) MX programmable TPMS Chinese TPMS sensors if you want to use them. I have the older TS401 but it can not read or program other brand "non programmed TPMS sensors" like Schrader Brand programmable sensors.
        Last edited by Steve6911; 10-11-2018, 03:50 AM. Reason: Removed link to other brand tool

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

I'm a small shop, but after a few customers started to ask about the tire pressure light, I decided to buy a snap-on TPMS tool. They work great. Most customers wish that we did everything, but some tools cost way too much and we would probably use it once or twice a month. But the TPMS tool is used at least 4 times a week. So we got our money back already plus some. For me, it was worth it. Very easy to do on america cars. Some asian or euro cars its a bit more difficult.

Comment

• bestdamgarage
            • Apr 2016

A-teq vt 36 is only like 200.0 bucks in conjunction with my verus aint had one i couldnt do yet.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

A-teq vt 36 is only like 200.0 bucks in conjunction with my verus aint had one i couldnt do yet.
              Even my budget Autel TS401 hasn't missed with reading any programmed TPMS sensors I tried it on yet, and by using a capable scan tool I've registered the new tire positions , however programming blank sensors it has no ability to program and write IDs to common blank programmable Schrader Brand or other common brand TPMS sensors except the Autel Brand MX sensors .

Comment

• tech25
                • Oct 2017

I also have the autel ts401 with v 5.42.

I believe this tool is pretty good, and of course having a good understanding of tire pressure systems. for instance when a car pings a sensor, or only has antennas, ect... knowledge is the big key.

Comment

Working...