Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kirkbarrow.garage
    • Jan 2015

RE :- tech ( no ) support

Well, I personally am utterly annoyed with the so called " tech support " that snap on ' offer '.

I now have an Ethos with a faulty keypad, the N, up and right arrow keys fail to function, and a Solus with what they ' tell me ' is a failed back up battery. However the battery in question is NOT a normal CMOS type ( ie 2CR2032 ) but from what my electronic technician skills are telling me it is a capacitor type instead. However as yet snap on have failed to supply relevant information that they should have so I can simply replace a component with a $ value less than $8 !
    What they would like me to do, I am certain, is buy the latest and greatest item they are marketing, which as we all are aware, they will cease supporting despite said item having many years usable life left and tell us all ' we have no software or parts for this item ' .
    I personally would like to know what a consumer products attorney, barrister, or a law court specializing in consumer law would say about this deliberate attempt to get us to buy what are expensive tools and literally throw them away after a few years despite there being a lot of life in them still, despite what snap on themselves say about this ?
    A very angry snap on diagnostic tool user.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I personally would like to know what a consumer products attorney, barrister, or a law court specializing in consumer law would say about this deliberate attempt to get us to buy what are expensive tools and literally throw them away after a few years despite there being a lot of life in them still, despite what snap on themselves say about this ?
    A very angry snap on diagnostic tool user.
    You can always go mellow out with a few more beers like me and realize you could have achieved greatness as an attorney every time the wife tells me I Am Barrister.

Comment

Working...