X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

The Fleecing just never ends

Seems like the Car Companies, Tool Manufacturers, and Chemical Makers, and maybe even the EPA are in Bed Together scheming and Brain Storming new ways to Fleece Car owners to have to go to dealer as long as possible and eventually cash grab the aftermarket repair techs for the special equipment.

• greasybob
    • May 2008

So now the real question..... Do they make a r1234yf to 134a conversion kit? At the price of the new refrigerant it could be big !!

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

You know what the YF stands for at the end of R1234YF???

Your F*%$!!!

They had some other ECO gas a while back that they were trying to get people to use too but it never took off.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

On a side note. This issue reminds me of the diesels with DPF and regens...

There finding they actually do more harm than good. The grey soot produced during the regen process is actually smothering plant life.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by greasybob
          So now the real question..... Do they make a r1234yf to 134a conversion kit? At the price of the new refrigerant it could be big !!
          I've compared a few vehicles,and the ones I've checked take the same amount of refrigerant,so maybe a conversion will be possible.I guess we'll see what unfolds.The place where I buy refrigerant tells me that R1234yf will be $1000 for a 20lb bottle.
          All of the new car dealers have had the machines sent to them as essential tools,but none that I have talked to have bought any R1234yf yet.

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
            On a side note. This issue reminds me of the diesels with DPF and regens...

There finding they actually do more harm than good. The grey soot produced during the regen process is actually smothering plant life.
            That's not surprising.

I said it once and I'll say it again - it's NOT about the environment, it's about CONTROL.
            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Glide
              I've compared a few vehicles,and the ones I've checked take the same amount of refrigerant,so maybe a conversion will be possible.I guess we'll see what unfolds.The place where I buy refrigerant tells me that R1234yf will be $1000 for a 20lb bottle.
              All of the new car dealers have had the machines sent to them as essential tools,but none that I have talked to have bought any R1234yf yet.
              At that price, I don't see too many people fixing their air conditioners if they have the r1234yf.
              I see two possible things happening:
              1. the automakers will build the cars so they will not start and / or run without a full charge of r1234yf
              and / or
              2. the government will mandate that no r1234yf car will be allowed to operate on public highways without a fully operable and fully charged air conditioner
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

At that price, I don't see too many people fixing their air conditioners if they have the r1234yf.
                I see two possible things happening:
                I think that the Chinaman already came up with way cheaper R-2468WDWA, that be selling in Wally Marts for $7.94 in 3 years
                WDWA =who do we appreciate
                Last edited by Witsend; 06-20-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...