Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I have changed VINs,but not mileage with Solus Ultra.With DRB III and secret pin(if it has skim) I have installed several used ECM/PCM on Dodge trucks,but sometimes even after setting pinion factor the ABS light stays on with various mismatch codes.
    Today 01:04 PM
    Like I said before . After you pull the information out of the old ECU, you turn the key off and unplug the SKIM module before installing the correct donor ECU, maybe unplugging the ABS module also until the old ECU information is written over to the ECU and then confirming the forced VIN write happened could prevent the VIN mismatch code from setting in ABS module?
    Once the correct VIN #is in the ECU, isn't it possible to erase the VIN mismatch code in the ABS module?

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Once the correct VIN #is in the ECU, isn't it possible to erase the VIN mismatch code in the ABS module?
      No,it appears to be a configuration issue that can't be changed even with DRB III.
      Also regarding changing mileage,this can't be done unless with hacking stuff.When the service info refers to changing mileage with DRB III,they mean when using a new module,not used.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

So if the correct VIN # was successfully force written to a used ECM plugged in while the SKIM module was unplugged,( but if you happen to forgot to unplug the ABS module at the time the SKIM module is unplugged), the ABS module will then contract an un-clearable VIN error /configuration error code that will set the ABS lamp on and disable ABS system besides?
        Or will VIN Mismatch code in ABS module not turn on the ABS light and turn off ABS and still work ok with the code in the ABS module? It wouldn't matter in the test lane for cars and light trucks in Illinois as long as the CEL is not on

Comment

• BRIAN617
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Witsend
          So if the correct VIN # was successfully force written to a used ECM plugged in while the SKIM module was unplugged,( but if you happen to forgot to unplug the ABS module at the time the SKIM module is unplugged), the ABS module will then contract an un-clearable VIN error /configuration error code that will set the ABS lamp on and disable ABS system besides?
          Or will VIN Mismatch code in ABS module not turn on the ABS light and turn off ABS and still work ok with the code in the ABS module? It wouldn't matter in the test lane for cars and light trucks in Illinois as long as the CEL is not on
          In my experience when using a used PCM the VIN mismatch isn't that big of deal, usually no ABS light.

In my experience when using a used PCM and the ABS light is on and won't clear, resetting the pinion factor or ABS module set up function will clear the light.

This is all depentdent on what PCM you're dealing with SBEC, JTEC or NGC

In my experience*

Comment

• Baddodge
            • Jan 2019

No dash light about security only the one above on GPS and only when locked. No velvet key either. I can buy a key anywhere they are sold
            Last edited by Baddodge; 01-25-2019, 12:53 PM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Working...