Verdict is not good

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

I havent had the oppertunity to use the verdict But when they the first genration Verus and later The verdict came out, I knew right away the hard drive's were to small. I am not sure what processor is in the Verdict but the one in the first Verus to small.

The name of the Game is speed. Even though 1 or 2 programs may only require so much space. the more you ad on the slower the whole system is going to work...

If you look at whats currently availible for mini Net books and Lap tops I dont think they currently sale any thing with less then 150gb hard drive, 1Gb of memory, 1.66Ghz Processor speed.

Lets face it Aside from going to wireless technology Todays Scan tools are Basically mini computers. If S.O. or any other company is trying to sale a new product They have to atleast match whats on the market. If not how can they excpect it to perform to todays standards Not to mention Future standards.

It sucks for those of you that have to go through the Growing pains esspecially with what these units cost. Hopefull the issues get resolved and you come to like your new tools.

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sbreland73
      Hey Eddie,

Don't be mad at me, I did NOT make any of the tools you have. Also, I did NOT say OTC had the FIRST wireless, please re-read post. Based on your's and other's postings, it would seem as though me and my old Verus and cable and keys are still working well. I appreciate all you early adoptors getting the Verdict and now the "NEW" Verus, your post have assured me I have no need to "upgrade" anytime soon. I hope S.O. will help you all find solutions.
      I'm Not mad I'm sorry if it seemed like I am, I was writing from my Verus and had the CAPS on. I'm just frusterated to hear people hating about OTC. I'm not in favor of OTC or any other tool maker out there. I like them all as long as they do the job that's promised, Like I said no one is perfect but at least be honest about your products and if there is a problem take care of it.. OTC was the 1st scan tool I could afford and I made lots of money due to it, I then Upgraded to the More expensive SnapOn units, Solus, Modis, Verus and now Verus2. boy have I realy paid the price. you guys get it. I just want to be fare to all tool makers, they all try hard just like SnapOn and its not nice to hate. we just need to sopport them and ask what we want or need on our tools. Wireless is something we asked for and we got it, now we need to work. so we continue to make money and pay for more updates as they come out.
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• jonage
        • Oct 2010

OK at this point, i have now been on this same car or more than an hour, because of the problems with this VERDICT. So now I am going to take my time out of my lunch to post this. I SURE AS HELL HOPE SOMEONE FROM SNAP-ON READS THIS.........I am about to put this scanner back in the box stop payment on it and tell Snap-On to place it in their @ss.......
        I am willing to work with snapon to fix some of these problems but i am just fed up. If something doesnt happen soon i am going to cosumers complaints
        theres no car that i can't break.......

Comment

• No-Start
          • Oct 2006

While I certainly understand your fustration. It would be helpful if you shared what kind of vehicle you are working on (YMM, engine size, etc) and the issues you are having with it. Be as specific as you can.

Just saying that it doesn't work won't allow anyone to try and help you out.

No-Start.

Comment

• jonage
            • Oct 2010

Ok now I have some lunch in me and a better attitude.........lets start here.
            Hell I should just start my own post ......lol
            so see Jonage vs The Verdict

theres no car that i can't break.......

Comment

Working...