X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Draxknor
    • Jun 2011

Code B1001 after replacing BCM

2001 Pontiac Aztek 3.4L

We had to change the BCM because the headlights were flashing...
    So after doing that, and the headlight problem was gone.... we got a SRS light steady on with a B1001 set.

B1001 = "Option configuration error"

How can I fix that? Or do I have to get the dealer to reprogram it?

Thanks
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Draxknor
    2001 Pontiac Aztek 3.4L

So after doing that, and the headlight problem was gone.... we got a SRS light steady on with a B1001 set.

Thanks
    Need more info. Is this a new or used BCM?

Comment

• Draxknor
      • Jun 2011

new one

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

I dont have any thing with me as im traveling. you may need to have it programmed to match the ecu. Best thing would be to call and ask your part supplier or look it up on Mitchell or Alldata.

Comment

• GM guy
          • Dec 2006

BCM replacement

There is a bulletin on this: 02-09-41-001: Info - DTCs B1001, B1271 or B1780 Set When Replacing/Reprogramming Other Modules.

steps for BCM replacement:
          Setup New Body Control Module (BCM)

Important:

• The BCM will not function properly if the Setup New BCM procedure is not performed.

• Make sure the battery is fully charged before performing the setup procedure.

• Make sure all disconnected devices and connectors have been reconnected

• Make sure that the VIN that is stored in the new BCM matches the vehicle.

• If the scan tool displays UNABLE TO PROGRAM BCM. BCM IS SECURED, then the BCM must be replaced and this procedure must be repeated on a new BCM

1. Turn the ignition switch ON leaving the engine Off.

2. Navigate to the Special Functions menu in the Body Control Module menu on the Scan Tool, then enter Setup New BCM, perform the following setup procedures in the order they are listed:

• Setup SDM Part Number in BCM

• New VIN

• Option Configuration

• Point of Sale

3. After all of the previous procedures are complete proceed with the Theft Deterrent Re-learn procedure. Refer to Programming Theft Deterrent System Components in Theft Deterrent.

4. If the scan tool displays UNABLE TO PROGRAM BCM. BCM IS SECURED, then the BCM must be replaced and this procedure must be repeated on a new BCM.

NOTE: After the above procedure has been completed, personalization of the BCM defaults to the factory settings. Inform the customer that the personalization settings must be set again.
          HTH

Comment

• Draxknor
            • Jun 2011

Thanks

I'll check if I can find all this on my Verdict.

Comment

• USpMD
              • Oct 2010

Thanks

I'll check if I can find all this on my Verdict.
              I have run into this as well, with 11.2 you can perform the BCM setup and handshake to resolve this DTC, if you have later software you will need to upgrade or use tech 2
              "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• TurboJim
                • Jan 2007

2001 Pontiac Aztek 3.4L

Thanks
                Go into module setup and choose "setup SDM key to BCM" or something like that.
                Jim Testa
                Senior Technician
                JD Automotive & Truck Inc
                Dover, NJ

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

It doesn't pertain to this vehicle, but here is a problem I had after replacing a BCM. The 30 minute relearn does not work on these vehicles. Sylvain, were you able to correct your issue?

B1001.pdf

Steve

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Steve, are you refering to a 30 minute pass key relearn ? I've never heard of a 30 minute relearn for an air bag module or radio.

Comment

• Steve6911
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
                      Steve, are you refering to a 30 minute pass key relearn ? I've never heard of a 30 minute relearn for an air bag module or radio.
                      NO Bob, this is after a BCM replacement. The 30 minute key relearn did not work, I set the BCM up with my Tech2 did the handshake with the SRS etc, car still wouldn't start. As I said it didn't pertain to thisa vehicle but it is the same code so I figured I would just post it as a tip. Drove me crazy for a while!

Steve

Comment

Working...