Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David_E39
    • Jul 2012

Verdict Virus Scanner

Hey I need some help with my snapon verdict scanner. I bought it last week and I am scared that if i surf the web i can get viruses or use the internet to go on alldata online.

So I was wondering if anyone here has any info on what virus protector they use or they have so I can possible use and install.
  • sandt38
    • May 2012

Originally posted by David_E39
    Hey I need some help with my snapon verdict scanner. I bought it last week and I am scared that if i surf the web i can get viruses or use the internet to go on alldata online.

So I was wondering if anyone here has any info on what virus protector they use or they have so I can possible use and install.
    I am using Avast free edition on my Verus. So far so good. Unfortunately, I bought more licenses from Kaspersky and it does not work with Windows Embedded

FWIW, I suggest you use your tool as a tool, not a toy. I only use my Verus online with Shopkey and IATN. It never gets used for anything else... ever.

Comment

• David_E39
      • Jul 2012

I know it is not good to use it as a toy. I didnt buy this to surf the web or whatever but I want to put a virus scanner on there just to be secure so I can go on alldata online and iatn and i can use worldpac as well. Was wondering if i can use kaspersky because i bought it for my shop comouter its a disk though i have the 3 user subscription so was wondering how how I can use this.

Comment

• sandt38
        • May 2012

As I said, I tried loading Kaspersky and it would not work. It doesn't play nice with Windows XP Embedded. Try the free Avast.

Comment

• David_E39
          • Jul 2012

Ok i will go ahead and try that. Thanks for your help. If I can get more people to give me info on this it would be great.

Comment

• jbmart
            • Sep 2009

FWIW, I had used Avast Free for a while, and it caused trouble with the tool. It was very slow and locked up. Switched to AVG Free and haven't had any problems.

Comment

• thettb
              • Aug 2012

I use avg free version the verdict does not like to load extra soft ware but ive had mine for over 2 years with avg and have not had any issues

Comment

Working...