Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camaroz2866
    • Aug 2011

Has anyone tried to upgrade their ram?

As title states, has anyone tried to upgrade the ram in their verdict/versus?
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

A few folks have done it.

You might find this thread helpful. It talks about RAM and Hard Drive upgrades.
    Keep in mind that opening the case will end your warranty, but you may already be out of it.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• jbmart
      • Sep 2009

yeah, i upgraded my verdict to 2GB ram. Be real careful taking it apart, there are quite a few ribbon cables to be disconnected. Also, the RAM module is sandwiched between the two circuit boards; you need to separate the boards to get it out. Definately wasn't designed with upgrading in mind.

Comment

• JDCJ
        • Dec 2012

what kind of memory did you use in the Verdict

[QUOTE=jbmart;33934]yeah, i upgraded my verdict to 2GB ram. Be real careful taking it apart, there are quite a few ribbon cables to be disconnected. Also, the RAM module is sandwiched between the two circuit boards; you need to separate the boards to get it out. Definately wasn't designed with upgrading in mind.[/QUOTE

I installed 2GB PNY PC2-5300 SODIMM and verdict wouldn't start up i reinstalled the old 1GB Ram and it took right off don't know if the ram i bought
        is good or if i need something special

Comment

• jbmart
          • Sep 2009

I used 2 GB Corsair Value Select DDR2 SODIMM PC2-5300 ram. Nothing special. Sometimes motherboards don't like certain brands of ram. Here's a link to the exact ram that I used: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145172

Comment

• camaroz2866
            • Aug 2011

Did it make a big difference?

Comment

• MobileTech
              • Jul 2015

Verus EEMS323 Motherboard and Memory

The Verus EEMS323 is based on Intel's 852GM/852GMV motherboard. Load a program like HWiNFO32 onto your Verus and run it. It will tell you all hardware installed on your Verus. From Intel's website, this MB takes a maximum of 1GB of memory. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...set-852gm.html. I just bought a used Verus and I'm looking into upgrade. Bottomline, do your research first.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Verus EEMS323 Motherboard and Memory
                The Verus EEMS323 is based on Intel's 852GM/852GMV motherboard. Load a program like HWiNFO32 onto your Verus and run it. It will tell you all hardware installed on your Verus. From Intel's website, this MB takes a maximum of 1GB of memory. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...set-852gm.html. I just bought a used Verus and I'm looking into upgrade. Bottomline, do your research first.
                Most windows pc's running a single core celeron and 1 gb max of ram were taken offline and scrapped at least 5 years ago. Them poor things can't get out of their own way, dealing with modern internet demands , running antivirus , and windows updates. I think 4GB of ram is considered the low threshold on PCs now a days if you expect the runt to be able to grab hind teet in the dog eat dog world for establishing a good internet connection to a busy site.

Comment

• jader
                  • Jul 2015

acho que não faz difeença não.

Originally posted by camaroz2866
                  Did it make a big difference?
                  acho que não az diferença.
                  : D : D

Comment

• MonzaRacer
                    • May 2008

ram

Unless your device is running 64bit version. Of windows it won't see 4gb if installed. Maybe if they ever jump to win 7, 8.1 pro,10 but XP won't use all of it due to hex address issuse, and these units are not built for 64bit OS.
                    You can also run belarc advisor on any windows unit for full down load on hardware.
                    I know my verdict balzes with 2 gb, and after I swap in an zif ssd that's bigger, well hold on folks it ought too fly!

Comment

Working...