• Show
Clear All
  • ronald316
    • Oct 2018

memory

has anybody upgraded the memory and hd in there zeus
  • Cavalier3400z
    • Dec 2015

I looked into it. It is the same hardware as the edge. I believe it uses a m.2 drive for the hard drive. I was just going to weight till the warranty expired. I think ram would probably make the most difference. m.2 drive is crazy fast. There were 3 other drives with the same model in larger capacity. I believe one was 120gb and the other was 240gb. They has slightly slower performance.

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Memory and hard drive upgrade

I recently upgraded my ram to 4 GB and changed out the ssd with a 500 GB unit. This was on an Edge but I believe the hardware is the same. I have a thread in the verus forum. Here is a video of the procedure. Use at your own risk. https://youtu.be/FpRcqAQkIVg

The ram definitely helped mine I notice scanner data scrolls much smoother now.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Memory and hard drive upgrade
        I recently upgraded my ram to 4 GB and changed out the ssd with a 500 GB unit. This was on an Edge but I believe the hardware is the same. I have a thread in the verus forum. Here is a video of the procedure. Use at your own risk. https://youtu.be/FpRcqAQkIVg

The ram definitely helped mine I notice scanner data scrolls much smoother now.
        If I had to venture a guess , the Zeus and Edge likely be the last of the Mahican scanners that you can actually still upgrade Ram and Hard drive. Think The Thor will just have the Ram and hard drive integrated onto a glorified MaxiDasChung board and have a 3.7 volt tablet battery and a Mandarhoid OS in a Silver Nintendo Switch like case where the blue tooth Dongle snaps on left side and the Blue tooth scope probe remote Proboscis snaps into to the right side.

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Too Much Free Time

Originally posted by Witsend
          If I had to venture a guess , the Zeus and Edge likely be the last of the Mahican scanners that you can actually still upgrade Ram and Hard drive. Think The Thor will just have the Ram and hard drive integrated onto a glorified MaxiDasChung board and have a 3.7 volt tablet battery and a Mandarhoid OS in a Silver Nintendo Switch like case where the blue tooth Dongle snaps on left side and the Blue tooth scope probe remote Proboscis snaps into to the right side.
          I love your sense of humor but you must have too much free time!! LOL

Comment

Working...