Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > ZEUS User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 12-30-2018, 10:33 AM

ronald316 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default memory

has anybody upgraded the memory and hd in there zeus
Old 01-02-2019, 09:16 AM

Cavalier3400z Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I looked into it. It is the same hardware as the edge. I believe it uses a m.2 drive for the hard drive. I was just going to weight till the warranty expired. I think ram would probably make the most difference. m.2 drive is crazy fast. There were 3 other drives with the same model in larger capacity. I believe one was 120gb and the other was 240gb. They has slightly slower performance.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:41 PM

phill57 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Memory and hard drive upgrade

I recently upgraded my ram to 4 GB and changed out the ssd with a 500 GB unit. This was on an Edge but I believe the hardware is the same. I have a thread in the verus forum. Here is a video of the procedure. Use at your own risk. https://youtu.be/FpRcqAQkIVg

The ram definitely helped mine I notice scanner data scrolls much smoother now.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:41 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Memory and hard drive upgrade
I recently upgraded my ram to 4 GB and changed out the ssd with a 500 GB unit. This was on an Edge but I believe the hardware is the same. I have a thread in the verus forum. Here is a video of the procedure. Use at your own risk. https://youtu.be/FpRcqAQkIVg

The ram definitely helped mine I notice scanner data scrolls much smoother now.
If I had to venture a guess , the Zeus and Edge likely be the last of the Mahican scanners that you can actually still upgrade Ram and Hard drive. Think The Thor will just have the Ram and hard drive integrated onto a glorified MaxiDasChung board and have a 3.7 volt tablet battery and a Mandarhoid OS in a Silver Nintendo Switch like case where the blue tooth Dongle snaps on left side and the Blue tooth scope probe remote Proboscis snaps into to the right side.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:08 AM

phill57 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Too Much Free Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
If I had to venture a guess , the Zeus and Edge likely be the last of the Mahican scanners that you can actually still upgrade Ram and Hard drive. Think The Thor will just have the Ram and hard drive integrated onto a glorified MaxiDasChung board and have a 3.7 volt tablet battery and a Mandarhoid OS in a Silver Nintendo Switch like case where the blue tooth Dongle snaps on left side and the Blue tooth scope probe remote Proboscis snaps into to the right side.
I love your sense of humor but you must have too much free time!! LOL