Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonybushmin
    • Feb 2019

Programmed an ecu today, no start condition

Programmed a 2011 Chevy Equinox, programming went perfect just now I need to do a key immobilizer relearn. I can't seem to find the function in my scan tool or is there a physical way to do it like on the older vehicles?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tonybushmin
    Programmed a 2011 Chevy Equinox, programming went perfect just now I need to do a key immobilizer relearn. I can't seem to find the function in my scan tool or is there a physical way to do it like on the older vehicles?

1. Connect a scan tool to the vehicle and access SPS. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) (See: Vehicle > Programming and Relearning > Service Programming System (SPS)).
    2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
    3. Ensure that all power consuming devices are turned OFF on the vehicle.
    4. Select SPS application and follow the on-screen instructions.
    5. Select Reprogram ECU.
    6. Select IMMO Immobilizer Learn - Setup.
    7. Select the appropriate programming function based on the component that was replaced or is being programmed. Refer to the table at the top of this document for assistance in choosing the correct programming function.
    8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    9. After programming all keys "Programming Complete" is displayed.
    10. Press the lock and unlock button on each transmitter that was programmed. This will awaken each transmitter and allow passive and active keyless entry functions to be established.
    11. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs.
    12. Verify each key is operating properly. Operate each of the keyless entry functions using the buttons on the transmitter and then start the vehicle. When verifying operation, make sure that no other keys are near the vehicle.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

By programming you mean you updated the PCM? Or did you replace the PCM and programmed it, but now won't start?

Comment

• tonybushmin
        • Feb 2019

Thank you guys but before I could check back I found the program function in SPS, I felt stupid when I saw it because every time I went to that screen I just clicked ECU because I thought that was where the relearn would be.

My first flash on a GM did go as easy as planned but now I know for next time. It was actually surprisingly easy and ACDelco support ended up helping me with SPS at the end.

Thanks for everything guys!

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

I see, yeah, antitheft learning is an option that you have to do after flashing a PCM. If not, the car won't start. Glad everything went well. Now next time, it'll be a breeze.

Comment

Working...