X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottmechanics
    • Jun 2013

Modis mem

Hello every one my modis is on win ce 5
    Has internal cf at 1 gig top cf at 1gig but snap on software will only let you store
    500 data that won't fill up the cf card saying that I bought 5 mem sticks 1 gig
    Usb to view scan / scope data on shop Stream on the pc
    Big screen easy to see

Comment

• chaskuss
      • Dec 2009

More Questions

Originally posted by scottmechanics
      Hello every one my modis is on win ce 5
      Has internal cf at 1 gig top cf at 1gig but snap on software will only let you store
      500 data that won't fill up the cf card saying that I bought 5 mem sticks 1 gig
      Usb to view scan / scope data on shop Stream on the pc
      Big screen easy to see
      Watching the video, I noticed the remote monitor on top of your tool box. Could you provide any more info on that item? I had wondered if it would be possible to install a larger CF card into the Modis. Nice to know that someone has done it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Modis Elites I've ever seen running on Windows CE 5 were units which had been sent back to Snap On for level 3 repairs. Did you have to send yours back? Or did you manage to upgrade the operating system yourself? Every Modis Elite I've seen has Windows CE 3.
      If your unit had the level 3 repair/upgrades done, have you checked inside to see if Snap On increased the main memory at all?

Comment

• hhong12dlm
        • Mar 2013

Nice to see some new stuff on Modis,

Thanks for sharing

Comment

• scottmechanics
          • Jun 2013

Modis external monitor

Merry Xmas every one
          Sorry for late reply
          The monitor on the back is just 22" bargain bucket of eBay flat screen
          15 pin svga has external power supply Ac
          The screen res is good and when I use the scope is very clear
          I took the back off made holes in it for 3 6mm bolts and then bolted to the lid
          Added a nematic tail gate strut to hold the lid up
          It has no usb connections
          I bought the modis second hand it already had win ce5 on it
          But the wifi mouse and keyboard make all the difference big improvement
          Trust me on this
          Looking at saved DTC when you run the scanner and in troubleshooter is great

Comment

• scottmechanics
            • Jun 2013

10 monitor

This is the link for the monitor if you want a bigger screen on the happy modis
            From scott

Comment

• scottmechanics
              • Jun 2013

The modis and it working

Here is a short YouTube vid of my modis 10" screen off and what you can do with the modis thanks

Comment

• chaskuss
                • Dec 2009

Scott,
                Thanks for posting the videos. FYI, for those in the USA, the 10" screen that Scott has grafted onto the Modis is available for $94.76 with free shipping on EBay. See

Scott, what is that 3 digit LCD display for? It's on the top of the Modis in the video.

Charlie
                Last edited by chaskuss; 02-09-2015, 12:22 PM. Reason: added question

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Here is a short YouTube vid of my modis 10" screen off and what you can do with the modis thanks
                  https://youtube.com/watch?v=Tgi-OIqyrNw
                  Just saw this second vid and noticed the OE screen beneath still working perfectly? Thought the original screen had died , and that big one was what you replaced it with.

Comment

• scottmechanics
                    • Jun 2013

The happy 10" screen

Hello every one
                    The led on the top is wired to the battery connections inside the modis
                    This is because the screen is also powered by the same battery and on battery power modis and 10" screen only last around 20 mins if scanning a car that's fine but when on test drive looking for intermittent problems I use the cigarette lighter socket to power the 10" screen the one that came with the modis
                    The led is handy when scanning when it drops to 8volts I need more power quick
                    Led from radio shack or eBay very cheep to buy connected to monitor power and ground

Comment

• scottmechanics
                      • Jun 2013

10" happy screen

That's the right screen Charlie some supplies will do free shipping
                      The reason I fitted it was because it clearer brighter and easy to read
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...