Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

Has anyone used Witech 2.0 J2534 yet

I got a SO PTP4 and used it for reflashing ecm and tcm on 2010 and newer Chrysler vehicles and it works good with the Tech Authority J2534. Price to download is $26.00 for a 1 day pass. Has anyone used it on Witech 2.0 J2534 application yet. It is $50.00 for a 3 day pass. Info on toolbox says Chrysler is dropping the old J2534 in Sept of this year, and suggests we get used to the new Witech. I have authorize my PTP 4 thru Witech, but not used it yet. It says Witech will be backward compatible , even pre 2009. If you have used Witech, is there also a charge for Tech Authority to access reflash files? By the way, Witech website where you purchase a 3 day access for $50, states a TEch Authority access also needs purchased to access Secure Gateway Module on new vehicles. But it doesn't say if you also need extra Tech Authority purchase for reflash files on Witech. Thanks for replies in advance.
  • bestdamgarage
    • Apr 2016

Probably need lsid also to get into secure gateway.

Comment

• Jimmassta
      Banned
      • May 2019

Not yet, but I might try it one of these days.

Comment

• Plastic_Wingnut
        • Apr 2019

Haven't tried yet

This video in the WiTech knowledge base states near the end that to program modules a techauthority subscription is required. I have not tried WiTech yet. https://kb.fcawitech.com/article/325...users-744.html

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

This video in the WiTech knowledge base states near the end that to program modules a techauthority subscription is required. I have not tried WiTech yet. https://kb.fcawitech.com/article/325...users-744.html
          It looks like a PITA to set up and appears the Jbox you plan to use also needs to be approved , and you get codes you have to copy and paste and some Scoobie Yubi key ID and other BS you have to follow in correct order. Makes one want to kick in the radio display and pull the SGM out through the smoking screen like an angry Aztec tears a beating heart out of sacrificial victim and plug in the Autel 12+8 bypass adapter cable
          Last edited by Witsend; 06-07-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Ruston11
            • Feb 2015

I have done one so far

had to purchase 2 different subs to get to work. I'm not sure if i needed both or not. If anyone does one i would like to know if both are required.

Comment

• Cmatt44
              • May 2019

Hello everyone, So if im understanding mopars sites correctly it is only mandatory to use the micropod 2 or "approved" devices on 2018+ vehicles for everything except reading dtc's? Meaning you should still be able to use the pass through's for module programing provided the subscriptions, up until that year?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Cmatt44
                Hello everyone, So if im understanding mopars sites correctly it is only mandatory to use the micropod 2 or "approved" devices on 2018+ vehicles for everything except reading dtc's? Meaning you should still be able to use the pass through's for module programing provided the subscriptions, up until that year?
                If it's anything like the original Witech, then yes, this will require 2 subscriptions if you're going to flash modules. 1 is for the ability to diagnose modules, get DTC's, some resets here and there. But for flashing, you're going to shell out more money. When the micropod II was introduced, I called AE Tools. They confirmed to me that a diagnostic software subscription was require to talk to modules and another to flash/program. I'm sure it's the same with the new witch 2.0 Mo Money, Mo Problems
                And lastly, I have to think Witech 2.0 J2534 will most likely be used only for newer models that have the nasty SGM. For diagnostic purposes, any Autel and Snap-on tools should do the job. Sucks that in order to flash, you'll have to buy both Witech 2.0 and a subscription from Tech Authority to flash.
                Last edited by ToltecasChavez; 10-30-2019, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Cmatt44
                  • May 2019

Mornin folks, ok so ya you will definitely need both subs. And also remember when your done on WiTECH 2.0 to cancel the auto renew it makes you do... Programming was a pain to get all set up with the various "register pc and j2534 tool" nonsense if you dont have the micropod 2 but it works so cant complain. Guess im not surprised now why the chevy boys strut around so gleefully about the thier ecu's lol... thanks for the help gentlemen

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Cmatt44
                    Mornin folks, ok so ya you will definitely need both subs. And also remember when your done on WiTECH 2.0 to cancel the auto renew it makes you do... Programming was a pain to get all set up with the various "register pc and j2534 tool" nonsense if you dont have the micropod 2 but it works so cant complain. Guess im not surprised now why the chevy boys strut around so gleefully about the thier ecu's lol... thanks for the help gentlemen
                    Thanks for the update. Sounds like a pain in the butt.

Comment

Working...