Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

FREE scope class tomorrow night

Motor Age is putting on a FREE scope class tomorrow night (6/20/2019 7pm EST) It is NOT geared toward Snap-on scopes but 10 tips on ANY scope. You must register so if you want to attend this online class register by clicking the link below.

• tech25
    • Oct 2017

missed it. but thanks for the info on these classes. never know when you might learn a new trick. maybe the next one i will catch

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

You may have missed it live but if you click on the link and register you will be able to watch the recorded version. It is almost 2 hours long and there is a nice reference to download.

Comment

• Modis500
        • Sep 2012

Steve,

Thanks for the video link. I think alot of mechanics need to step it up and get a scope/gmm for many of the tests out there to be performed. The ones who can run a scope with their eyes closed are the ones who properly diagnose the issue, not run to a database of known fixes and GUESS. And yes, I did say "mechanic" on purpose. Become "tech"nical with your tools. Lucky enough to have a full day of testing coming up in September with Bernie Thompson that covers in-depth scope usage. Can't ever get enough training...someone else always has another tip or trick to teach us.

Carry On

Tom
        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Modis500
          Steve,

Thanks for the video link. I think alot of mechanics need to step it up and get a scope/gmm for many of the tests out there to be performed. The ones who can run a scope with their eyes closed are the ones who properly diagnose the issue, not run to a database of known fixes and GUESS. And yes, I did say "mechanic" on purpose. Become "tech"nical with your tools. Lucky enough to have a full day of testing coming up in September with Bernie Thompson that covers in-depth scope usage. Can't ever get enough training...someone else always has another tip or trick to teach us.

Carry On

Tom
          Agree.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

agree
            To a certain point I agree , some pattern failure Parts Cannon Ammo can be cheaper to see if it be a fast fix after checking PID data read than the hour to access connectors and do actual scope diag besides the potential of causing future green death issues to vehicle harness wires from piercing is something to consider will be a result of back probing and piercing wires . As much of a cheap bottom feeder as I am I do look at some things as being Penny wise but Dollar foolish. I give the customer the option. I might just replace a tired 100k miles O2 sensor that costs $60 but spend the extra time testing circuits on a $200 Air Fuel Ratio sensor on a vehicle with only 60K miles

Comment

Working...