[Help!] Snap-On Vantage MT2400 (LOW BATTERY PROBLEM)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan_t
    • Oct 2012

[Help!] Snap-On Vantage MT2400 (LOW BATTERY PROBLEM)

Hi guys, I'm hoping I can get some insight on this - I know its an old outdated unit but it does what I need and it does it well, I really want to try and save it.

Every time I turn the unit on I get a Low Battery warning telling me that Back Light etc have been disabled and that I should change my batteries immediately.

I've done the obvious thing - change batteries, test batteries etc

I then come to the Low Batt Indicator section of the custom setup. It states how to recalibrate the warning so I started looking into this more.

As far as I can work out, with the red lead connected to the positive on the top battery the CH1 VDC and the "Calibrated" value should match. Well it doesn't, not even close.

With new batteries the CH1 VDC gives me 2.97V

Even after trying to calibrate it the "Calibrated" value never exceeds 1.40v and most of the time its either 0.00v or around 0.40v - I believe this should be showing current battery voltage and thus should have a steady 2.90v value.

It seems that the battery sensing part of the unit has either failed or has some resistance somewhere.

Any suggestions as to what I can do now?
  • mopar-mechanic
    • Mar 2013

I have the same issue with my Vantage MT2400, I will repost once |I discover a repair, it seems after a "moisture issue" this problem has arised. I'm assuming high resistance also in the self diagnostic circuit or chip.

Comment

Working...